Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog!
SO happy you stopped by!
Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG. Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun!
Here's a fun inspiration board we've created to help get you started ...
Inspired by the candy cane decorated tree in the lower right corner, here's what I've come up with . . .
I picked up this pretty candy cane striped shiny paper at Hobby Lobby awhile back and thought it was perfect for today's card. The image is from Impression Obsession ... was stamped and colored with another card in mind but then switched gears and this was left laying on my work table just begging to be used so I thought I'd use it as a backdrop to my tree.
This tree die cut is a very old Spellbinder die. I've cut thin strips of my background paper to use as garland on my tree ... added Pops of Color - Gloss - Rudolph Red for ornaments along with a few Nuvo White Crystal drops. Once dried I felt it need something 'a little more' so used my red/white bakers twine and wrapped it around the tree before popping it up with dimensional tape.


C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #785 - Christmas (ends 8/5)
PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs
our design team has created for your inspiration. What a group of
talented ladies!! Then come join in the fun!!
As always ... thanks again for stopping by!



So pretty and creative and really like that background stamp, glad you brought it out!!
ReplyDeleteLove this candy cane inspired card
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute, Darlene! Love how you decorated the tree and used your beautiful IO image in the background. Its creative and fun and so very festive!
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas tree simply radiates fun and happy! Love the background scene too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
ReplyDeleteGreat holiday card - thank you for linking up with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge!
ReplyDeleteSo happy and festive. Just perfect for the Holidays :-)
ReplyDeletexxx
Your scene looks fabulous in the background, and love the neat way you decorated the tree!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bright happy holiday card. I love all that shine. Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this fortnight. We hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteGreat Christmas card Darlene. Love the candy cane vibe. Thanks for joing us at Just Add Ink. Tristan DT.
ReplyDeleteThat's so pretty Darlene - I love that sweet striped tree! thanks for playing along with our sketch at 52CCT
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to use the sketch that I came up with for August on the 52CCT. Thank you for sharing your creation with us.
ReplyDeleteOh this is awesome! What a wonderful mix of colours, paper and image. Thanks for joining us at JAI!
ReplyDelete