Saturday, August 1, 2026

Love Those Pretty Papers August 2026 Challenge

 Hello Dear Friends

It's a new month and that means it's time for a new challenge over on our
LOVE THOSE PRETTY PAPERS blog.

Today, our OPTIONAL theme is

LOOK TO THE SKY
(Galaxy, Lightening, Sunshine, Stars, Clouds, etc.)


 
Diane & I will be sharing a Themed pretty paper card as well as an Anything Goes card.

 Here's my card using today's THEME:

 


At convention (Adventures in Stamping) last year, I purchased several different paper packs offered by the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps company.  They are A2 in size and each pack has 5 cards each of 5 different designs.  I thought their Stormy Sky Set was intriguing so this is one of the background papers from that particular set.  

 

 I went to Pinterest and found a quote with the word Lightening in it then copy/pasted it to a Word document and printed it directly onto my background panel.

Now for my 2nd card (anything goes) ... 


 Once again I've used a panel from this same Blue Knight paper pack.  
I wanted to use an imagine that was fun and encouraging ... hence this adorable Tim Holtz 'Crazy Dog'.  I've colored him with Tombow markers and popped him up.  I used Tombow markers that coordinated with the paper and embellished the outer edges of my card.  And, I computer generated the sentiment in a Word document and then printed it onto the designer panel.

 I hope you've enjoyed what I created to inspire you today!  Please come join our fun and show us what you have created using pretty patterned papers.

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

 

4 comments:

  1. Two great cards with the pretty papers but you have to know the second grabs me with the pup, can't resist a cute puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good thunderstorm. These are both such nice cards. One of my brothers lives in Ca. and said he so misses a good thunderstorm before the rain. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! The whole paper pack looks amazing! I love the lightning, and the second card with the dog is delightful! His expression, the sentiment, and the paper are all entirely perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of this paper pack in both cards. Love the second one with the dog and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.