Thursday, August 30, 2018

Tea Light (or Chocolates) Boxes

Happy Day All!

After seeing these fabulous tea light boxes over on Doreen's Blog, I thought they would be a great project for my upcoming Fall Country Club Show.  However, I have learned in the past that this group of ladies don't seem to go for the tea lights ... BUT, they do like their chocolate so I have modified the contents a bit!  LOL

[The original tutorial came from a YouTube video by Angelina and you can watch it HERE. She has other really great tutorials also.  Be sure to watch her video on this project if my instructions are not clear to you.]



  Here's are some photos I snapped along the way during their creation.





Decorative papers measurements:
Top & Inside Lid:  4 3/4" x 1 5/8"
Back:  4 3/4" x 1 1/16"
(Making sure not to adhere the inside lid panel until you have added your ribbon.)






Since for me I needed three hands to tie the ribbons, I came up with the idea to hold the box closed with a rubber band.  Be sure you use one that's not TOO tight and damages the edges of your box lid/bottom.  



Once secured, I added my sentiment and butterfly.
VIOLA!


I plan on doing more of these with different themes and different candies.
I think they are a sweet little 'Just Because' treat that will bring a smile!

Challenges to share in:
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Non-Card Project & Why (everyone likes to receive a little CHOCOLATE!)
 Aud Sentiment Challenge #211 - Bingo + A Sentiment  (ribbon - faux stitching - die cut)

Little Red Wagon Challenge #461 - Old or New Trends (who doesn't like a box filled with goodies)
Mod Squad Challenge  - Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Diva's Challenge #384 - What makes you happy!  (box of chocolates ... lol)

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

BACK TO WORK!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.