Monday, August 13, 2018

Friendship

Happy Monday Everyone!
I must admit, I take my 'friendships' VERY seriously and treasure each one in it's own right as each friendship has it's own unique side.  From those I've had since childhood to those I've made here online and have had the pleasure of meeting in person which has strengthened our friendship even more!


Today's card was created for The Flower Challenge (8/26) where the theme is to create a ONE LAYER card which in my mind means CAS (clean and simple).  


This style is one I struggle with so I've been trying to push myself into using this style in hopes of getting better at it.  

I chose an older Penny Black stamp set called "T for Transparent" to use as my main focus flower and to showcase it I've used the largest die in the Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched  Ovals' die set and sponged with the TH broken china distress ink that was left on the large sponge dauber in the oxide ink dauber drawer.  Then I stamped the morning glories stamp from the set into the center of the oval using my TH stamping platform.  


Now for the coloring.  I didn't want to use markers because I was afraid they would bleed through my card front so I went with Prisma pencils and Gamsol.  Using purple on the highlight areas and blue for the rest of the petals.  The sentiment is also from Penny Black ... 'special wishes' set.

Challenges to share in:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes (8/31)
Colour Crazy Challenge #32 - Anything Goes Coloring
Southern Girls Challenge - Stamp Your Mark On It

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I truly appreciate your visit!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.