Saturday, August 4, 2018

A Christmas Surprise!

Hello Again My Friends!
I know I've been having multiple blog posts lately but I'm just having so much fun playing in challenges (and my mojo is on a roll) that I just can't help but share it all with you!  So for my second post today,  I was honored to have my creation selected in the Top 3 last challenge and couldn't wait to join in again over at  the Mod Squad Challenge .  The current challenge theme is  'Getting In Shape' (a shaped project).


While doing my blog commenting, I spotted a card using this Double-Z fold so just had to check it out.  You can find the measurements & instructions for this Double Z fold and many, many more over at Beccy's Place.

CLOSED
As you know, I'm in need of A LOT of holiday cards this year so once again I have used that theme for my creation.  I have used designer papers from two different 6x6 paper packs.  The backgrounds are all from the Carta Bella 'A very merry Christmas' pack and the Santa and inside sentiment were fussy cut from a sheet of paper in an old BoBunny pack called 'Father Christmas Collection'.  To make the sentiment stand out, I have outlined it with a large tip Gold Pilot marker and popped it up with dimension tabs.

Challenges to share in:
Are2BArtzy August Challenge - ATG
Dream Valley Challenges #183 - Christmas in July

Thanks so much for stopping by 
and I hope you've found inspiration in my design.

As always . . .


P.S.  While writing up this post, I thought my card looked rather PLAIN.
So, don't be surprised if I come back with an EDIT to this post showing a few more embellishments ...  lol.

***  UPDATE ***

As noted above, when I created/preposted this card last evening I just wasn't happy with how 'unfestive' it appeared to be so after returning from our usual out to breakfast Saturday morning ... I got in the cave and did a little modifying ... this is better.


Memory Box Snowflake Corner dusted with glamour dust.


What's a holiday card without a touch of sparkle?
I'm happier now ... what are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.