Saturday, April 13, 2019

A little humor for today . . .

Hello my friends!
A short while back my friend from Illinois (Bette Henson) sent
me some Art Impressions images that we thought would make fun cards
for my upcoming Spring show.
I finally got around to creating a few and thought you might like 
to see one ... here ya go!


(peek at the inside)

I have used a sheet of patterned paper from an 'old'
American Crafts 'Classic Calico Collection' paper pad
for my background and kraft card stock for my matting panels.

All the sentiments were a part of the stamp set
with the exception of the 'Happy Birthday' which is
an 'Endless Creations' rubber stamp.

die set (which seems to have become a favorite of mine lately)
and sorry to say is out of stock at the moment ... for my front 
die cut panels.
TUTTI-418 Scalloped Stitched Nesting Rectangles

And since it looked 'too plain' to me, I die cut a decorative
edge using the Sue Wilson 'Graceful Lace Trim' die.
Sue Wilson Designs - Configurations Collection - Gracefull Lace Trim

Challenges to share in:

Seize the Birthday Challenge #163 - Anything Goes Birthday
Southern Girls Challenge - Frame It
Make My Monday Challenge - Something Humerous

That's all for me today!  I hope you're having
a FABULOUS weekend!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

10 comments:

  1. Morning girl! Your card is super cute and I love the sentiment inside. I also love the Sue Wilson Die. I have this one and use it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fun but also so sweet!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Darlene! What a fun sentiment and great image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA! that is great and true :) Love the papers you used and that fancy border die too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, I love this. I'm just smiling right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute and so true! LOL Love the granny image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is great! I love Art Impressions. Just bought a set, in fact. I like your border die and colors on this. The inside is so fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fun card. Thanks for joining us at Make my Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun and cute card. Love the cute image and the sentiments. Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card and a great sentiment! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.