Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Double D - What is your Christmas Style?

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm hosting today and as you can see by my blog title ... the theme is:

What is Your Christmas Style?
Traditional?  Modern?  Elegant?  All White?  Vintage?

Here's the mood board I've created to inspire you . . . 
 I happen to be an old fuddy duddy and enjoy Traditional!
Actually, both of my sister's are more modern with white trees
that are decorated in teals & pinks ...
but I'm very happy with the Red, Green, Gold & White decorations!  LOL

Here's what I've created for my 'traditional' styled card:


Obviously the plaid portion of the mood board caught my eye
and I immediately recalled have an older Graphic45
8x8 paper pad with this plaid that I thought was so pretty!!
I've also used one of the journaling cards available within the paper pad
as the focus of my card front but added a few other goodies too.
The Santa is a 'puffy' sticker tag from my old scrapbooking stash,
the dies I've used are:
Poppystamps - Dies - Crystal Ornament Background
Poppystamps - Dies - Crystal Ornaments
 Sue Wilson Designs - Festive Collection -  Poinsettia Flourish & Corner

I have popped up my focus panel for added dimension
and added gold Stickles to the center of the ornaments.
 REMEMBER:  We have a fun prize to give away to one lucky player,
which will be chosen by Random.org
ALL are welcome to enter ... we will ship internationally!

So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you at Double D!
As always . . .

15 comments:

  1. This is glorious! I adore all of that pretty Christmas plaid1 Those crystal ornaments are fabulous. And I love all of your layers! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! I love everything about it especially the poinsetia flourish die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Bold and Brilliant, so loving this card...thanks for your sweet comment on my layout too, it is always a treasure to make them with us in the picture.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created Traditional Style Christmas and love that plaid...very pretty card...I love all styles, but like you stick with a bit more traditional but mine is more cabin-ie...fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you combined the papers and the dies. The puffy sticker is just too cute. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the plaid paper and the fun Santa! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your traditional card and I am the same way as I prefer traditional too. Your card is so gorgeous and in my opinion you cannot go wrong with plaid. This is so festive and Santa is so cute and I love the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the old fashioned feel of this card. And that plaid is one of my favorites, this is simply FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a traditional kinda gal, too, and plaid is definitely a favorite. What pretty dies you've used, and I love that Santa tag! So cute, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the above, Darlene. My style is where ever the card I'm creating takes me :-) I always have such a hard time answering that question. I honestly don't think I have a style. I do like the traditional and the cute - the two main reasons I love your card. The design, paper and adornments are traditional, but that Santa on the little tag is just too cute :-) Altogether, it makes it a beautiful and festive card perfect for the holidays.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I am more traditional myself, I have been trying to break out just a little bit but can't go to any extremes. I love the plaid and the great way that you mixed together the stickers and the dies, great collage feel to it, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it is wonderful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This traditional style done by you is over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love all of it. Traditional with lovely layers. So much to see, perfect for Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous traditional card and I love the little Santa going down the chimney xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.