Friday, November 1, 2019

Merry Little Christmas Challenge Time

Hello Everyone!
It's a new month and that means the start of a new monthly challenge

The holiday season is drawing closer & closer so there is no time to waste in getting my holiday cards made and ready for mailing.  Thanks to this challenge blog, I am ahead of the game this year!  YAY!!

Today I am REPURPOSING a holiday card that I found in my stash and obviously was one of many that I received from our contribution companies.  What do you think??


At first, I was simply going to die cut the image of the birds to use as the focus of my card ... then after framing it with red card stock to bring attention to the cardinal, I decided to pull the background portion of the card front back out of the trash ... pop up the oval bird portion and add icicles & sentiment.  I REALLY like how it came together!

I've used the Tutti Designs Dotted Nesting Ovals



Paper Rose  Merry Christmas

Paper Rose - Dies - Merry Christmas

and an old Martha Stewart Icicle punch.


Dimensional tape was used behind the focus image, the icicle strip and under the outside portions of my sentiment so they would lay in perfect alignment with the image.

I hope you've enjoyed today's Christmas card and I can't wait to see what you create and share over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by and wishing you a fabulous week ahead!
As always ...

9 comments:

  1. Today I made sm cards but oh I forgot to take pictures as I was in a hurry to get them mailed to USA. I have to do another bunch.I will take part in the Christmas challenge. Thanks a ton Darlene. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely! I love the focal image of the cardinals and the oval die is amazing.
    Then there is the sentiment die...I've been looking for one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, I just love the way that you kept the background paper but made the focus be on the center of the image, terrific idea!!! Good for you being ahead of the game, I haven't even figured out how I am doing but I am sure I am a bit behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! Great how you framed the image and the icicles look just PERFECT to finish the card!! LOVE this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I'm trying not to freak out about the cards, but I think it will come out okay in the end. You've made some beautiful Christmas cards this year and this is surely one of them. I just love how you repurposed and decorated this scene to give it dimension and all kinds of character. Gorgeous, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful way to repurpose Christmas cards. Thank you for the inspiration. Sorry, I haven't commented much lately. We're currently on week 6 of each taking turns at being sick in our family. It's that time of the year, I guess. Doctor says we're obviously a very loving family, lol, we share everything with each other :-)
    Have a great week.
    Happy crafting!
    Big hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply brilliant, Darlene! Way to upcycle! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and I love re-purposing Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.