Friday, March 20, 2020

Bits 'n Bobs

Hello Friends ...
I hope you're hangin' in there with all this corona virus stuff!
As for me, I'm just hanging out in my crafting cave playing with paper, ink, stamp, dies, etc etc.

Looking around my crafting table, I found a little of this and a little of that left over or cut/stamped for other projects then set aside.  Well today I decided to grab a few of those bits 'n bobs and turn them into a card ... here's what I came up with.

I have a WHOLE BUNCH of purple scrap panels this size sitting around from a project I did last fall (making 400 little boxes) so awhile back I decided to play with two of the three Memory Box Collage dies (never did get the third one to finish it out but it's back in stock so I'll be placing an order) and created this little picture panel.  Here's the dies used:

Memory Box Forest Collage
Memory Box - Dies - Forest Collage

Memory Box Everglade Collage
Memory Box - Dies - Everglade Collage

Using a panel of scrap designer paper I created the background then used an old stamp set to create the message inside the opening.  Then I though it needs another touch of color & dimension so I die cut a few ivy vines using the Frantic Stamper 'Spring Ivy' die from scraps of two different shades of green card stock.
Frantic Stamper - Dies - Spring Ivy

I love this ivy vine ... I use it all the time!!


A few little Nuvo White Crystal drops and my card is ready to write a message and mail!

I hope you are all staying healthy and following the guidelines set by the CDC.  If we all work together, hopefully we can get through this pandemic unscathed. 

Long Distance Hugs and remember ... WASH THOSE HANDS! 

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
As always . . .

 

9 comments:

  1. Love the transformation here with the bits n bobs and the ivy twirled around that gorgeous die frame. Fabulous colours...thank God for our craft haven.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of what was just sitting around, and of course your favorite color, a very pretty die too and the card of course, like a breath of Spring air!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made an awesome card with your left-over bits! Isn't it great when that happens? Love the color combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. Love the colors.
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. I love the colors and that ivy is FABULOUS. Such a lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card design and to think you had all these elements just sitting waiting for you to make them look gorgeous together. I can see why you like that vine. I think it is beautiful too and works so great with the rest of your card. Great pattern paper to go with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for bits and bobs and your design skills, 'cause this is so pretty and purple-icious! Love the dies and the cute paper. Hunkering down here and following all the safety rules very strictly. Hoping it sees us through this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty, I love that die to frame your sentiment, and the ivy is a terrific touch with it too! Always fun when we can use those extra pieces hanging around and make it look this great!
    You take care and enjoy that crafting time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just Gorgeous!! Stay Safe...
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.