Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Crafting in my cave . . .

Hello Friends!

I know with the Coronavirus scare all the parades & joyous events have been cancelled BUT with any Irish Luck this pandemic won't be as bad as we are all anticipating and life will be back to normal quicker than we think.

Since I'm in that 'over 60' bracket (BTW ...how did that happen?) we are staying away from the crowds and have plenty of food & water to keep us going for hopefully 'long enough'.  With that said, if you happen to be looking for me, you will find me in the lower portion of our home, 'crafting in the cave'.  This is a good opportunity to get caught up on design team work as well as play along in some of the fun challenges offered out there in blogland.  That's exactly what I did this morning ... created a card to share over on the AAA Cards Challenge.


As you can see, I didn't go with the twist of Dogs & Cats ... (actually thought it was just animals ... MY BAD) ... but I did keep it 'Along the Edge' ... just with a giraffe & elephant.  LOL  This was such a fun card to make and since they don't have a one card entry limit, I just might have to create another later in the day/week.  Here's what I have today ...


 AND, I actually finished the inside of my card!

This particular challenge blog requires a lot of 'white space' on your creations.  This is something I struggle with so it was a true challenge for me but I think I did as required ... of course I kept having to tell myself  "NO it's fine ... you're not allowed to fill up that white space!"  LOL   So to make myself feel a little better, I made a border using the same stamp set on the inside of my card! 

The stamp/die sets I have used today are:

Stampendous - Stamp/Die Set - GiraffeStampendous - Stamp/Die Set - Elephant



I hope you & your family are sharing some quality time together.  I'm sure it's difficult with the kiddos out of school but still needing to keep up with their studies.   This would be a great time for some board games and you can even have pizza since it's a 'pick up' item.
Stay healthy and remember WASH THOSE HANDS!!!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the white space...it's so hard to leave it and not embellish! great that you finished the inside which is something I almost never do too. Stay well & keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl that card is so stickin' cute! I want that elephant set now too. I have the giraffe. I think these are so fun to work with too and your design is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is just adorable! I love the expressions on the critters faces!!! This card will bring a smile to anyone's face, young or old. I am *just* under the 50 mark myself, but I have an autoimmune disease so I too will be hunkering in the craft cave until further notice. My motto... be smart, be safe, be crafty! Thank you for playing along at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so cute I love the card and white space looks good but so hard to achieve for us 'full on' card makers. Love the stamps.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, this is so cute, Darlene!! You did a great job on the coloring and the CAS. I really love it! We're doing just fine at my house. Plenty to do and I've always had a thing for keeping the cupboards well stocked, so we're in good shape. Will make a quick run for perishables when necessary. Otherwise, all is well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am the same way, to have any white space is real hard for me, but you did a great job with it, they are just too cute, especially love the elephant, great coloring!
    Hubby is able to work from home so we are doing good, you take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again with a different DT hat on! Thanks so much for sharing this at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how happy and fun those images are, brought a well needed smile to my face today! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!
    Love the animals and they are so beautifully coloured!
    Thanks for celebrating birthdays with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene, Your card is darling! I too have a hard time leaving white space … a great CAS inspiration! Thank you for playing along with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge and sharing your wonderful talents with us. Good Luck, be safe, wash your hands and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.