Sunday, March 22, 2020

Friends and Neighbors

Happy Sunday All!
While talking with my friend & neighbor the other day, I mentioned to her that I had recently made a Mother's Day card for a DT obligation and that she could have it for her mom since sadly I won't be needing any more Mother's Day card for my mom.  She had mentioned that her mom loves the packs of Thinking of You cards that she has purchased from me in the past and would I make up a few for her to give along with the card.  Of course I said SURE and got right on it ... here are the packs I came up with that she can choose from.  


I make these sets in groups of 6 for $10  ... A2 in size and only uses one 12x12 sheet of designer paper.  Luckily I have Hollo's Papercraft not that far away from me (40 minute drive) and can take advantage of purchasing my envelopes & card stock at very reasonable prices ... I pass that savings on to those I make cards for by keeping my prices reasonably low. 

I then package the 6 cards & 6 envelopes into an A6 clear sleeve.  I used to use the clear boxes but they became too pricey and people didn't want to be paying the extra cost for a clear box that they would eventually be throwing away.

Here are the other sets I've created over the last couple of days . . .




The cards are blank on the inside so can be used for a variety of occasions and plenty of room to write a long or short message.  With my Spring craft show cancelled, I think I'll work on making up several more of these packs while I'm hunkered down in my cave with plenty of time on my hands.  Plenty of time before the Fall shows and these are always a good seller!

WHAT are you doing to fill in the time while observing Social Distancing?
  • Many are getting a jump on their spring cleaning (I'll get around to that after crafting lol!)  
  • Some are catching up on some home improvement projects that had been on the back burner.
  • Others are enjoying the 'time off' to re-energize with some good old family time!
What ever you choose to do, PLEASE stay safe & healthy!
We can get through this pandemic together if we just use common sense & patience!

OH YEA ... and remember to WASH THOSE HANDS!!!
Image result for washing hands
 Thanks so much for stopping by!
As always . . .

 

9 comments:

  1. You've made some lovely cards.
    Hope you're doing fine.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! Nice idea to make up little packages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are many of us that wish we had our mom around to send just one more Mother's Day card to, but, I think my mother would have been scared out of her wits and not been able to cope with what is going on now.

    It's sweet of you to make the other cards for your neighbor's mom. They are lovely.
    [Bunny]
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are all so beautiful and the papers are fantastic with glorious colors. I am sure she will love these cards. We have been dealing with a plumbing issue so no crafting for me. Hubby has worked on it for two days. Our old part of the house still had metal pipes in it that were original and you guessed it....leaking all over. So that has been a big issue. I did take time to make out some cards and send them off to others too during this isolation period. And, Dish offered up some free movie channels so in the evening we have been watching some movies we might not have seen before. That was nice of them to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card sets! I'm doing a combination of all those things during this time, though I don't work at all, hubby works from home, and my boy is home from school... its really just like any other day aside from the school thing. Not sure why I'm getting so productive! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, after all our parents past away I have a few Sentiments I won't be using anymore :( That is great that you can sell them for so cheap, I imagine people are very thankful to get such pretty cards at that price, you are too sweet.
    We have been trying as close to our schedule as possible, I think it helps to make things less turned upside down feeling, it is weird to have hubby working from home but we are making the most of it, I have started making cards for those in our church that are in assisted living or single people cooped up at home by themselves, just to remind them that I am thinking about them, so that is keeping me busy along with my normal birthday and now Easter cards that need to be made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so beautiful, Darlene! The papers are gorgeous. She won't be able to choose! It's pretty much business as usual here with both of us retired, but no company coming over, no visits with friends, no girlfriend lunches. It's just the way it has to be right now. We have plenty to do. Oregon is now on a stay at home order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am 'late to the party' lol, but wanted to stop by and say how fabulous these are, all so pretty and gorgeous designs and papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, my favorite art is art that has form AND function. What a homerun for both here! Perfect gift, XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.