Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Using more bits 'n bobs

Happy Tuesday All!
I pray you are all staying healthy ... such a trying time we are going through right now.  BUT I'm doing my best to stay positive and busy ... this too shall pass (quickly I hope)... so I'm going to just keep crafting (and spring cleaning from time to time lol).  

Over the weekend I was working on some cards using up some of the many bits 'n bobs I have left over from other projects that have been piling up.  Maybe I'll make that my goal this week ... make cards using all those pieces that got tossed into a box for 'later' ... thanks Darnell for the inspiration!  Yep, Darnell made something like 75 cards using the left over in her 'playhouse' ... WOW!

Here are a few I made over the weekend . . .


As you can see, I have some of the older Heartfelt Creations flowers on all of today's cards.  I had these stamped and die cut, all I had to do was add some color.  The oval above was an extra because it was too small for the project I had originally die cut it for ... works perfectly here.  Just by adding a few little Nuvo drops, it's ready for an encouraging message inside and away it goes!


Inside
Challenges to share in:

 I can't believe how many 'frames' I have hanging on a hook over by my cutting machine.  So these last two cards have helped reduce that pile.    Actually, the frame below was an odd shade of pink (didn't match my flower at all) so I used a black marker and went over & over it to darken it ... looks better now and that's one more 'off the hook'.

 

Inside

What are you doing to stay busy?  Whatever it is, please try to stay positive in your thinking.  We will get through this crisis if we all work together.

Going to go wash my hands and then more crafting (or maybe a little cleaning first).

Image result for washing hands images
 Thanks so much for stopping by!
As always . . .

 

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are safe during this trying time. So far so good here in East Tennessee. What lovely cards you have made. I think left over pieces can make the most beautiful works of art ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous I am going to send you all MY bits and bobs lol, no but really, these are totally beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I saw Darnell's post. If only I had such pretty bits and bobs as the two of you! I keep my spare die cuts in the envelope with the die set, so it's not in my spare parts drawers (two very small drawers). Mine are mostly half done card bases. I really should get on top of those. You've made some really gorgeous cards here! You're definitely keeping yourself busy. Aren't we all lucky that we have something we love to do to pass the time? Yay, us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bits and bobs look absolutely gorgeous on your cards. I did a few cards with some things I had started and never finished either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful set of cards. Glad you were able to put those bits to good use. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card design! Love those vibrant look at me colours too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Darlene you have made some beautiful creations from your bits and bobs, those flowers are gorgeous and lovely layouts of your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vibrant flowers and the frame you've used! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.