Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Sisterhood of Crafter - SPRING

Hello my friends!
Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme this time around is 

SPRING

Ugh ... it's can't come fast enough for me!  
I can't wait to get back outside and feel the spring breezes
on my face and hear the sounds of Spring all around me!


As a kid, we were always excited when spring came around because that meant it was time to go out with our dad and see how high we could be our kites to fly up in the sky!

We lived in the country, so on a good day you could get your kite to fly a VERY  long distance away.  Of course, most times when we got it out that far we'd end up loosing it because we couldn't get it wound back in before it crash landed somewhere over the tree tops!  LOL  But still made for some awesome memories!  

I remember a time my dad got my kite SO FAR AWAY you could hardly see it any longer ... it kept getting smaller & smaller till it seemed like only the line was the only thing you could see in the sky.  He was a really good kite flyer!!

Product used are:
Sue Wilson 'Belated Birthday Wishes'
Sue Wilson Designs - Mini Sentiments Collection - Belated Birthday Wishes
Die Versions 'Flying Kites'
Mintay Designer Paper

Memory Box 'Wrapped Stitch Frames' (sorry OOS)


I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

Challenges to share in:
Shopping our Stash Challenge - Birthday
 Crafty Card Makers Challenge - Spring
Use Your Stuff Challenge - Spring

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


17 comments:

  1. I must really be getting old! I haven't thought of kites for a long time! I love your card and those kites have awakened many memories for me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing says Spring like a kite in the air!! Very pretty and well designed card and love the pretty and happy colors!! We certainly have had the wind here to fly a kite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Darlene, this is such a wonderful card and am so happy that it brings back sweet memories for you. The background paper was the perfect choice. Have a great rest of your week and please stay safe, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Let's Go Fly a Kite"...love this! Kites always make me think of Spring. Our neighbors children had theirs out all weekend. Love the different patterns and that background paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, those kites are just too cute! The colors and background paper say "spring" loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome make with those kites! Yes, I do remember those kite-flying days, when we were growing up! The last time I saw a lot of kite flying was on Spring break last year with my daughter outside the old fort in San Juan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharing those cherished memories is exactly what most of us need right now! I don't remember doing much kite flying in my youth but that probably has to do more with Dad's military career and long stints from home. I love your kite card! Doesn't it give you a sense of freedom? Stay well, my Sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darn cute and fun, Darlene, and I just loved reading your kite flying memories! When our son was little we would go kite flying at the beach and Rich got this crazy notion once to use a fishing pole and reel with heavy line with it. Worked like a charm and added a fun twist to it. We did that a few times after that. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design using the kites full of memories for you...sure brings the feeling of spring to your world.xx
    Keep well Sistah...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific card Dar!! I just love this it's such a happy card. These past few days have been glorious but colder weather is coming... Even so the sun makes me feel happy. Stay safe my friend... sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bright and cheerful colours - our spring is well under way - hope yours comes soon for you!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card and bringing lovely memories.Love the die-cut kites and great B,paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute papers for the kites and background, I am getting very excited for spring to come, we actually had a nice day after the rain this morning. I don't remember kites as a kid but we use to fly them when our daughter was young :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and brought memories of me flying kites with my kids. My mom made homemade ones and the kids had fun flying them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those Kites. Very nicely designed card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers 'Spring' challenge.Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, and is indeed a wonderfully designed card with great colour choices! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! The stitched edge on the frame goes perfectly with the kite strings. Love the colors too! Nicely done sistah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.