Friday, March 13, 2020

EGADS! It's Friday the 13th ...

Hello friends!
Happy Friday the 13th!

Earlier this week I had a salt (water softener) delivery to my home which means the delivery guy had to carry all those bags of salt down to 'the cave' and in the process walk past my crafting table where I have all my sale boxes of cards, etc. set up on display.  Turns out he's a bit of a crafter himself and asked me if I had anything that he could purchase to surprise his wife which just had their first child on Feb. 29th (yep ... Leap Year Baby!)

I pointed out my tissue box covers and he thought that was a neat idea.  So I asked what his son's room theme was and he said "things like dinosaurs, robots, etc" ... I rummaged through my 12x12 papers and came up with a few and he found one he liked.  I commenced creating and he came back that afternoon and picked it up (and actually paid me DOUBLE since he felt I did really nice work and QUICK too lol).   Here's what we came up with . . .


I located this cute dinosaur in my 'kids book of dies', so I die cut it 4 times, glued them together then added Nuvo drops to the spots on his back and the eye.



I had one strip of designer paper left as well as the oval panel die cut from the lid, so I decided to create a couple of kids birthday cards using these scraps ... what do you think?


 The extra 'characters' used around the birthday sentiment were fussy cut from the oval lid panel and I've used an OLD Martha Stewart 'arched lattice' punch on the dp panels.  Various colors of Nuvo Crystal Drops were added for embellishments.
 

Hope you like 'em ... they were fun to make!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!  
It's FINALLY starting to look a little like Spring around here!  YAY!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

    

10 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to create the perfect box! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way for someone to admire your beautiful work. It's fantastic.
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful card and box cover this is Dar and such a great story behind it too. We just never know who or how we can touch someone's lives with the things we create. I'm sure his wife was thrilled to see what he brought home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so bright and cheery and a perfect cover for the little one's room. I am sure the man's wife will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that paper! This is so incredibly cute, Darlene, and I know his wife is going to be thrilled with it for the little boy's room. How cool that Dad is kind of a crafter, himself. He was probably agog at your cave! Love the card, too. Feels good to be so appreciated, doesn't it? What was the salt for? Driveway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool that you were able to make him a box in that short time and that he showed how much he appreciated you getting it done so quickly, it turned out terrific and I love what you have come up with for kids cards too, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin' CUTE!!! I love all those critters, this is simply FABULOUS. I'm smiling all over my face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute box and cards. Love the theme and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This box couldn't be any more perfect, what FABULOUS paper this is!! The cards are super CUTE~CUTE too...they will sell fast for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, what a cool story. You are the niftiest and so are your cards and that cute tissue box! And I also liked the story because their son was born on my birthday! Thanks for the birthday wishes and all the rest of the sweet comments you leave me. I'd say you had an awesome Friday the 13th! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.