Sunday, May 3, 2020

One Die - Five Cards

Happy Sunday Dear Friends!

Recently, I've made a few purchases to spark my creativity and one of the dies I purchased was from the Dies R Us Store and it turns out it was a little larger than I anticipated but found a great use for it none the less.  I typically make A6 size cards unless I'm making 'sets' and then they are A2 in size.  I like the little larger sized card as do my family members and older card purchasing customers.

The die I'm referring to is by Sue Wilson and it's from the Paper Cuts Collection
called . . . May Bells Edger

Creative Expressions - Dies - Paper Cuts Collection - May Bells Edger
Isn't it beautiful!  It has the size identified right in the photo but since it was in centimeters, I didn't bother to convert it to inches to see exactly what that would be.  Here's what I've come up with using this one die in five different colors.


I have yet to add anything more to the front or inside.
Of course, you could use this for a variety of occasions ... even sympathy I think.



As you can see, it's only a small portion of the bottom that gets cut off by using the size I use for my card front panel.  But, I think it looks just find and no one would even know!  LOL

Now here are a couple that I saved the popped out portions of one color or another and added them back in on a different color base for contrast ... what do you think?
These were actually the first two cards I made and after die cutting the pink one I got the bright idea to save the pieces and glue them back into the purple panel.  I think either way looks great ... with or without the contrasting flowers.



I have purchased a few more fun dies recently and as soon as I get around to using them, I'll be sure to share those creations with you.  AND, I would love to hear your suggestions and thoughts.  I can come up with a few ideas of my own but I certainly love getting inspiration from all of you!

Well I'd better get busy!  After a 'first time' Zoom virtual cousins breakfast get together on Friday, I have card requests that I need to get crackin' on and mailed out.   Of course we hope to be able to get together physically for our monthly cousins breakfast again real soon but in the meantime, my daughter has been trying to get people on board and we are trying to link up virtually.  Better than nothing for sure!!  Maybe in a few weeks we will give it another go and more will be able to link in ...  three states represented today ... Ohio, PA and Virginia!


As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

     

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful! I know these kind of dies from another (Dutch) brand and the effect is great!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very pretty, all of them with and without the paper piecing!! I think they would make awesome sympathy cards too, a fabulous idea! I have been looking at some of these dies but have yet to get any, you enabler you!! Great you were able to 'zoom', me I am still old tech lol, but most of my family is local luckily so we 'driveway talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful die and cards. I've had my eye on that die for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's one beautiful die! I've looked at some of these edgers and love them all, but too big for my cards. Gorgeous in every color and I really like the ones where you added the flowers back in. Either way is fantastic! We went for a really long walk this afternoon and then stood outside and visited with the neighbors for the longest time when we got back. It's better than nothing. Beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All cards done with this die are so gorgeous. I can see why you purchased it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got a bunch of edger dies! I love them ALL :-) They're so versatile, not very time consuming and the result is always stunning, don't you think? Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!
    I'm glad that in today's crazy world, you were still able to see your cousins. That is a great tradition that you don't want a virus to take away! Wishing you all a great day, and that you all stay safe and well.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.