Friday, May 8, 2020

Playing with a new die set . . .

Hello Friends and Happy Friday!

I recently purchased a few new dies so I could create cards that are a little different from my normal rectangular cards.   My thought was that maybe some of the folks who come by my table at the local Fall Craft Shows might enjoy something 'a little different' to send to their friends & family.

And, I wanted to join in a few fun challenges that inspired my first creation ...




SO ... today I've created a couple of cards using the Sizzix Framelits Stand-Ups
by Stephanie Barnard ... this one is #659645

Sizzix Stephanie Barnard Framelits 24 Dies Card, Lively Stand-Ups ...

And the challenges I'm joining in are:


For this card I've also used the Sue Wilson 'Passion Flower' die set
Sue Wilson Designs - Finishing Touches - Passion Flower

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Spring Ivy

Little dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops were also added for dimension.

Here's another card using this same die set.

I've created a very basic but cute 'Hello' card.
The inside in left blank so my own personal note can be added
OR
I can always switch it up and change it into an occasion card!



 I need to take an entire day and make nothing but cards using THIS die set ... then take another day to create cards using a different (but unique) fold die set.  That way I will have a variety of styles to show and in different colors & themes.

But for now, I must go!  Our truckload of mulch has been delivered
and even though it's really cold outside (doesn't Mother Nature know it's MAY?)
I'd like to at least get some spread around the front flower beds.  

Have a great day and weekend ahead!


As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


 

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards with that fun new die, of course I love the pink one with all the pretty flowers since I am into my own flowers right now, but the blank one is perfect for any occasion too!Looking forward to seeing more of these!!Have fun spreading that mulch HAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene,
    what a very lovely card and such a great design.
    Beautiful colours and flowers used also.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do like those fancy folds and all the pretty papers and die cuts. Thanks so much for playing along with our birthday theme at Cardz 4 Galz. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty creations! Love the new fold too. Lovely color combos on both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just gorgeous, I think I have that same die, almost used it the other day but ended up with another card instead, now you got me thinking I should have broke it out :) You are going to have some great things for people to pick up from that's for sure!
    I just saw on the news that there is snow in the forecast for lot's of my family in Michigan this weekend, hopefully you will be spared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card designs and I love the fancy fold too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you joined us at Seize the Birthday challenge with this unique die for a stand up card. In my card making journey, It seems that I need something different and this may be the one. Both of our examples are fantastic. Lots of used for that die.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your stand up cards, Darlene - not seen that die used before! So glad you're playing at Seize the Birthday, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are awesome, my friend. Love all the pinks - just perfect for a feminine birthday, and the other would be great for a masculine occasion. And since the papers you used are so pretty and versatile, both could be used for children/teens too. Awesome use of that beautiful die.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Stay warm and well.
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love your new dies! The easel cards are fabulous and look so complex. I know you will bring all kinds of creativity to the craft table and will have fun creating! I really love the pink card, which is probably why I am always scrambling to find something for a guy in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful designs, love these fancy fold cards, I'm sure the recipients will love them. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know these will be a hit! They're fabulous, and I know you're going to do a lot more amazing cards with this die when you have time. Love all the different parts you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a labor of love die cutting all those pieces! Beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us at Cardsz 4 Galz!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful birthday card. I love the wonderful shape and the 2 totally different looks you achieved. Thanks so much for celebrating with us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards - love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for sharing them with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.