Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Double D - Signs of Summer

 

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm happy to say I am hosting today's challenge and our theme is:
 
 SIGNS OF SUMMER
 
and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .

 

 A definite sign of Summer is going to the beach OR maybe a Tropical Island! LOL  I still keep hounding hubby about going back [directly] to Bora Bora & Tahiti ... after Covid is behind us of course.  That is what was on my mind today while creating this card.

I've created my background using Tim Holtz distress oxide inks and large sponge daubers.  Other than the blue for the sky, I've simply used the ink that remained in the sponge daubers.  My island silhouette is by Taylored Expressions and called 'Beach Border'.

 

 The seabirds came from an old Inkadinkado 'Coastal' stamp set (#97521).

 Inkadinkado Nautical Beach Clear Stamp Set, 13pc

 I punched a circle from masking medium and placed it on my white card stock before beginning my inked background.

 

Here's a peek at the inside of my card ...


The prize that you'll be playing for this time around is:

Cheapo Dies - Beach Chair
Cheapo Dies - Beach Chair

 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

 So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .


15 comments:

  1. Reminds me of our trip to Fiji, wonderful scene for summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the heat coming off the sand, gorgeous card! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. I love all the dies you used to create this one! Just makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh a nice relaxing, toes in the sand card and beautiful inking!! Makes one want to be their with Annie's drink in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Dar, put me on that tropical beach! This is warm and beautiful and certainly evokes thoughts of relaxation. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole idea of this card. So relaxing and magical. Wish I was there now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful beach scene. Your sponged sky is beautiful and the sentiment inside of the card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I definitely want to spend some time on that beach and just sit, relax and watch the sun set! Care to join me? What fun that would be my friend. Love your card. Sets off a yearning to head to the beach :-)
    Have a wonderful day.
    ❤️Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just shake my head. It's so warm and inviting and I want to be there, but then it would probably be too humid and I'd long to be back on the Oregon coast, plus I'd miss Wally and LuLu and and and... I don't know if we'll even get to do a road trip this year. It all depends on LuLu. Your card makes me smile, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful silhouette....brings me right back to warm Aruba nights! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous scene, looks like somewhere I would like to visit :) Love how you did the inside too

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a stunning card Darlene! Beautiful scene you have created with the vibrant colours in the background and silhouette images. I love the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and serene silhouette beach scene! I would love to be on that hammock right about now! With the straw hut, I picture this somewhere in the Caribbean...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful, relaxing scene you've created; both outside and inside! Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous card. I wish I was there right now, it's so calming and wonderful. Great blending there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.