Monday, June 28, 2021

Make The Cards Challenge #22

  Welcome back friends!

It's time for a new challenge over on  Make The Cards Challenge.
Today we are having a color challenge ...

 

 We are excited to once again welcome Helen Nile back as our guest designer! 

OH what fun I had creating today's card! 

I've used Tim Holtz distress oxide inks in two different ways ...
* with water to create my background panel (using watercolor paper)
* without water ... just sponges to create the panel for my embellishments (using plain white cardstock.

The colors I've used for the background are:
(with water spritzing) ... Mowed Lawn, abandoned Coral, Peacock Feathers & Salty Ocean
(sponged panel) ... all the same but WITHOUT Peacock Feathers


The dies I've used for embellishments/sentiment are:

Cheery Lynn Designs - Flip Flops & Board Shorts (#B499)

 Cheery Lynn Designs - Flip Flops & Board Shorts

 and Impression Obsession Sentiment (DIE690)

Impression Obsession - Dies - Better In Flip Flops

I also die cut the sentiment from black card stock and off set to create a shadow.

Challenges to share in:

My Time to Craft Challene #460 - All Things Beachy
Taylormadecards4U June Challenge - Use Your Words
Happy Little Stamper June Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies


I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun ... here's the link for you one more time ...

Make The Cards Challenge

 As always . . .

 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Darlene! You got it. Life IS better in flip flops. Love this card! ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, I love this so dang much, Darlene! The background is utterly fantastic, and it's so cool how you used the same colors but without water for the die cuts. It looks amazing. The dies are great, and it helps that I just love this color combo, too. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love the creative use of the die cuts. Cheers, MK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is really nice! I like the shades of so many colors. Great work Darlene!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! What awesome colors, dies and sentiment! For sure - life is better in flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and inky background love the flip flops and definitely agree with the sentiment.Thank you so much for the lovely comments you leave
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat way to combine the colors, I just love those flip flops :), fun summer time card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Love the repeating colours on the shorts and background. Fab dimension the flip flops. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll bet you had fun, it looks like PURE D FUN -- haha so ya had to have fun, Pure D! heehee Seriously, those flip flops look real! Love how you used the oxides a bit differently for your two surfaces yet with the same colors, and the sentiment looks fab as well. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous, bright colours, Darlene! I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.