Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Fun Sketch Challenge

 Happy Wednesday All!

I have always enjoyed playing along in the sketch challenges.  I got hooked on them when I was more frequently involved over on Splitcoast Stampers.  Over the years as I needed a design idea, my mind always went to looking through various sketches for said ideas.

Well I have a few favorite sketch challenges and the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog is one of them!!  Here's they are offering for their challenge #695 . . . (ends 8/21).

 

 If you follow my blog you already know I've been obsessed lately with using up scraps of card stock and designer papers.  I have created SEVERAL background panels (which you will see through out 2027 as well as the remainder of this year).

For this card I have used scraps of SU card stock that I have left over from cutting card bases (I create A6 cards so always have scraps) as well as a designer scrap.


 Product used:

Papers:  Stampin' Up, Brutus Monroe 'Coralreefs'
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Stitched Scallop Circles'
Accessories:  Soto Studios 'Summer Coast' starfish stickers, White Nuvo Crystal Drops 

  

Challenges to share in:

Simon Says Monday Challenge  - On/Under the Sea (ends 8/24)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #786 - Summer / Holiday (vacation) / ATG  ... Summer Holiday to me is being able to go to the Ocean or Tropical Island (ends 8/19)
  Just Us Girls #836 - Word Week - WATER (entry #2)

 As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Your beautiful blue starfish fit right in with your underwater coral reef, Darlene. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to use up those scraps and to send birthday wishes! Love the starfish! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you've got a LOT of background panels! I have lots made up, but not THAT much! I'm pretty sure my friend has this awesome paper. Your starfish look so perfect with it, they appear to have been made specifically for the paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your scrap, like the starfish with it and that stitched scallop circle is pretty neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect way to use up those scraps. Your card is beautiful and right up my alley. As you know by now, I love ocean themed cards :-)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene...love this card too! Thrilled to have you in the Just Us Girls gallery twice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.