Friday, July 19, 2019

Alphabet Challenge Time . . .

Hello Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Today's letter is "I"
for
Insects (not spiders)
I chose butterflies . . .



 I've had  this Stampabilities stamp for YEARS and
had not used it ... what is wrong with me??
Obviously I have way too much 'stuff' but I do eventually get around to using ALL my goodies!  LOL

I started with a blank white card base then created a 'mask' using masking medium paper so I could sponge the colors I wanted to use before stamping my sentiment.


This technique is not only easy but quick and fun!

After removing my mask and adding my sentiment stamp, I decided it needed something more (I really struggle with white space lol) so grabbed my Waterfall Stickles and created the 'background'.



I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun and 
I look forward to being inspired by your creation!!  See you there!
Thanks so much for stopping by...
As always . . .

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and thanks for the great inspiration about masking the background!! I need to use this technique for quick cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Darlene. I love the colors and the sentiment. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Darlene! These gorgeous colors with the black stamping -- wow! I hear you about the stamps hanging around unused for so long. I keep working away at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Darlene! Love the background!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you did the masking on this with the sentiment going over the edge, neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and pretty...but wait NO spiders, heck spiders have 'condos' in my house lol, looks like a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.