Saturday, July 13, 2019

It's a Boy!

Hello friends and Happy Saturday!
Lots of things going on around here today ... the big Firestone Golf Tournament is this weekend and that's only a couple of miles from our house so we will be seeing the blimp over head all day covering that event!  

Daughter is doing an even called the Headwater Adventure Race which involves running, bicycling and kayaking.  She amazes me with her drive for good health & mental wellness!  Such an inspiration to others!!

As for me, I had such a fabulous day with my granddaughter (Morgan) the other day that I was inspired to create the following card.  Great Grandbaby Charlie is due in October!  Mo's not having an easy pregnancy so if you would, please keep her (and Charlie) in your prayers.


Morgan (aka MO) has decided on an elephant motif ... well really, more the colors here with and elephant or two thrown in LOL.  Anyways, I purchased this adorable Stampendous stamp/die set a few weeks ago and just couldn't wait to create using it.  
Isn't it adorable??

Stampendous - Stamp/Die Set - Elephant

The background designer paper I've used is from the Doodlebug 'At the Zoo' 6x6 paper pack.  My sentiment is a die by Sue Wilson called 'It's a Boy'.  I die cut it twice that overlapped to give a shadow effect.
Sue Wilson Designs - New Arrival Collection - It's A Boy

My matting circles are from the Tutti Designs 'Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles' die set.

After popping up my adorable elephant using dimensional tape, I've added a few pearly drops using Nuvo Gloss White Crystal Drops for embellishment.
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Gloss White


I'm sure you'll be seeing more cards using this adorable image in the future.

Another peek ...

Hope you enjoyed today's share!
Now, I'd better get some 'real' work done ... LOL!

Wishing you a happy remainder of your weekend!
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Dar! Thanks so much for your comment! Oh my you are going to be a great grandma??? Wow! I will keep her in my thoughts and you too. Your card is just the sweetest! how could you not love that little guy! Hubby would be thrilled to be at that golf tournament.. Come to think of it I would be thrilled for him to go Lol! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Darlene! This little elephant is the cutest :-) Keeping Mo and Charlie in my prayers.
    Have a great day.
    Big hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card for your Granddaughter! I wish the best for her and baby Charlie!
    Great design, lovely sentiment and the little elephant is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card and that little elephant is so adorable and well colored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Darlene, the image is just adorable! Sorry to hear that Mo is having a difficult pregnancy. Hope things improve for her over the next few months. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card Darlene, sending love and light for a healthy mom and baby!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. So cute. I'll be praying that the pregnancy will be easy from here on out. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet baby boy card, I have a fondness for 'ellies' myself...cute paper too and perfect for the card. Hope Mo feels better soon and I wish her the best, it has to be hard to be preggie in this heat as well...baby will be here before you know it the way time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck to your daughter. sorry to hear Morgan is having a rough time, hope things get better. This stamp set is adorable and you have done a wonderful job with it, terrific coloring

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one; and I have scrolled through your post a bit; yo are so good in combining dp-paper with stamps and diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, that little ellie is so cute! The whole stamp/die set is adorable. And the paper! You have all the right stuff for an elephant-themed card. Prayers and best wishes for Morgan and the baby's health.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.