Saturday, July 20, 2019

Pet Sympathy

Hello Friends & Happy Weekend!

Recently my friend from Illinois Bette shared a blog post with me that I thought would work well for a  Pet Sympathy project I've been looking to do for an upcoming Fall show along with cards.  I have had requests in the past for Pet Sympathy cards and I keep forgetting to make some for my sale boxes ... now's a good time to get that started.

The blog I'm referring to is called Chic'n Scratch and you can see her project by clicking the link.  I have followed her template which she so generously offers but switched it up a bit to fit my needs.


These fabulous little boxes house a purse size pack of Kleenex tissues.

I have made about a dozen or so and we will see if they are a hit at the fall high school show.

As you can see, I've done cats & dogs primarily but was told I should do horses too ... we will see!

In my location, I think dogs & cats will be the primary but will make a few horse themed cards which I will share further down in this post.


I sure hope this paw print is for cats ... I always get confused which is cat and which is dog.  I DID google 'cat paw prints' and the image looked like this so, fingers crossed I don't get called out on it if it's wrong!  LOL


I have used a variety of stamps and dies on this project ... if there's something in particular you'd like more info on, please leave me a comment and your email address so I can get that information for you!

** UPDATE **

I've had requests for the stamps used so I will add them here with links (if available).
SO VERY SORRY - OLD Stampin Up Set  - 'So Very'
Thinking of You - old wooden stamp (no name)
As you grieve . . . Stamp Simply ' Sympathy Sentiments 2'

Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Sympathy Sentiments SET 2

Also wanted to mention that the little cats and dogs are die cuts ...

Impression Obsession - Cat Set
Impression Obsession - Dies - Cat Set
Impression Obsession - Dog Set
Impression Obsession - Dies - Dog Set

Hampton Art - Mama Elephant - SC0785
Stamp & die set purchased at Joann Fabrics



Here are a few cards I've created ... it's a start.  Hope to add more as I get time.


 If you have any recommendations or suggests on this topic, PLEASE SHARE that info in a comment ... I would surely appreciate your input.

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always ...


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant makes!! Very beautifully realized

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea for pet sympathy! When I saw that you had Kleenex in the box it made me want to cry. All the cards and boxes are perfect! I think the paw prints work for either cats or dogs. This kind of thing is important to people who love their pets or understand how much a pet can be loved and grieved over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is cute idea for a sympathy, for an animal, they are all so cute, as is your cards. I do have friends with horses so I could see those could be in demand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful way to extend sympathy. I love the Kleenex boxes idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are FABULOUS and boy I sure could of used some of them recently myself!! Very creative and I am sure will be a best seller, as people are sure to have uses for them being our pets are our 'family too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.