Friday, August 13, 2021

New Holiday Stencil

Hello my Friends and Happy Friday!

I placed another order with Del Bello's Designs the other day (just love these stencils) and couldn't wait to get inky to see what I could create.  The stencil I'm showcasing today is a Sweet Poppy Stencil and is called Holly Baubles

I have used a combination of Tim Holtz distress oxide inks and Tombow markers for the stencil coloring on this first card.  The sentiment was hand written and a simple red satin ribbon strip was used as embellishment. 


For my second card, I went with a  non-traditional holiday color scheme.
Tim Holtz distress oxide inks and blending brushes were used for the coloring. 
The sentiment die is from Sue Wilson (CEDME016).


And lastly, I simply used white craft ink onto black card stock.
I wanted to keep the image on the left side of my card base so I used a fine tip black marker to create the decorative lines on the right side and once again added a hand written sentiment.

I wasn't happy with how the lines & berries in the image did not stand out so I used a white gelly roll pen and went over them for more definition.  

Craft ink may not have been the best choice but it was the only white ink I had on hand so ran with it!  LOL   It looks like a blue/gray but that's okay ... it's still pretty!


I purchased a few other stencils with this order so you'll be seeing more stenciled creations in days to come.  Please be sure to check out this (new to me) company.  Their shipping is FAST and they are very accommodating. Obviously I am loving their SWEET POPPY products as well as the Nellie's Choice stamps.  Here's their link ...Del Bello's Designs


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges to share in:
Alphabet Challenge - J for Just One Word   (Rejoice) (8/25)
Jingle Belles - Cardstock Christmas (8/25)
Krafty Chicks Challenge #572 - Christmas

Been kind of crazy around here lately so forgive me for not having a daily share as I usually do.  Hopefully things will settle down soon and I'll have more time in the crafting cave!

Until then, please stay safe & healthy!

As always . . .


13 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I might like this one even more! Beautiful cards! If I wasn't trying to not buy any new Christmas things... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredible what a stencil and a creative mind can do. Lovely work. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stencil card designs are gorgeous. You do beautiful work using stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulous array of cards and stencils,so creative.. loving those colours and whole design. Have a lovely safe weekend. xx
    {don't worry about the other issue, miss you but you gotta do what you gotta do, love ya..}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow they are just lovely, like your coloring of each one in the first card. Such a pretty design with the holly in the corner and the pretty swirls on the ornaments. I like the second one the detail stands out real nicely and I think the ink gives it a great evening snowfall look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Darlene
    You are creative genious.tc stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous! Love that stencil (as you know!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Darlene. So festive! Love these stencils.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing thing you did with a stencil! Love all your samples. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kraft-on-black is a cool effect ... so very glad you shared your Cardstock Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely variety on the cards, and a great idea to use the white gel pen for definition on the black card. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow... three beautiful cards made with the same stencil and all of them so cool! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES cardstock christmas fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is gorgeous, I wouldn't have thought of using a stencil on the black card. Great idea. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. We love to see you visit us. Hugs Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.