Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Make The Cards Challenge #27

 

Welcome back friends!

It's time for a new challenge over on  Make The Cards Challenge.
Today we are having a color challenge ...

 


 I had a lot of fun with today's design using these colors.  I knew I wanted to keep it 'clean & simple' so I went through my book of background dies and decided upon this Paper Rose - Texture 1 die (#17925) for my starting point.

Paper Rose - Dies - Texture 1

 I die cut it twice from white card stock.  As you see, for my design, I flipped the die over.  I used the actual die to do my coloring (Spectrum Noir alcohol markers).  Once the colors were done, I adhered one of the while panels on top of the colored blocks and colored in the small black squares with a fine tip black marker.  I then glued the 2nd white panel atop the first one for added dimension.

 

This Sue Wilson - Perspectives 'Hugs' (CED8307) worked perfectly for my sentiment.  At the last minute, I decided to add a few more of the black squares across the bottom as an accent.  The HUGS was popped up with dimensional tape.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun ... here's the link for you one more time ...

Make The Cards Challenge

 As always . . .

 

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love that die. I actually had a hard time telling what kind of technique you used to create the card. I love it!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene - What a cute card. Love how you used the die and the black really pops off the page with those sherbert colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to check out that die! It's great, and how you colored the openings is so awesome. Looks perfect with our colors and the large black sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card Dar!! I love the effect of your colouring... So clever!
    Your coneflowers sound gorgeous by the way... I hope you are having a good week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at this! What a great die and, OMG, the colors! Your card is super cool, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever and creative! Love your CAS cards. I need to learn from you. I have to sit on my hands to not keep adding things to my cards. I struggle so much with CAS cards. Thanks for the awesome inspiration, my friend!
    Have a great day and stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs,
    ♥Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Darlene
    wow a beautiful card as always and your tip on turning the die the other way is great.tc stay safe with love and gratitude

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a cool die and I just love how you used the holes to add your colors too, like the added black squares at the bottom for a nice border detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome background die. The great colors really make your black sentiment pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.