Thursday, June 1, 2023

Four Seasons Challenge - Summer

 

Hello Friends

Over at the Four Seasons Challenge Blog, we are ready for a change in seasons! 
For the next 3 months our theme will be

Anything Goes - SUMMER

check out this fabulous inspiration board we have created to help inspire you . . .

 

 Awwwww ... good ole' summer time!

Being very fair skinned, I rarely go to the beach but when I have been there ... wow what awesome sounds and sights!  LOVE the sound of the waves crashing on the shoreline and the birds squawking over head.  Hard to believe all that noise could be relaxing .... but it is!  At least to me!

Anyways ... for today's card I created a background using TH distress oxide inks then went to my Beach die but binder and grabbed this beach umbrella and adirondeck chair.

I made a booboo in gluing down my chair so I covered it by using an old, old, old Inkadinkado stamp set.  I think it worked lol.   I originally just wanted the chair & umbrella BUT ... you know how that goes!  LOL

If you are new to our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE BLOG (a monthly seasonal themed challenge), PLEASE pop over and join in the fun. 
 

And don't forget our other challenge blog adventures ... 

TRIPLE B
(where it's all about Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms),
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS
(a bi-monthly anything goes Christmas challenge),
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
(a bi-monthly anything goes using embossing folders + an optional twist), 
TWO OLD BATS
(a monthly anything goes Halloween challenge),
STENCIL FUN
(a monthly anything goes using stencils challenge),
and of our course,
DOUBLE D
our original bi-monthly themed challenge.

Please be sure to pop over and check 'em out!
 Thanks so much for stopping by today!

As always . . .

 

8 comments:

  1. Very lovely card with summer scene Darlene
    Grtz Epie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the sounds of the ocean are so relaxing, I even have a meditation soundtrack with an ocean sound. Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a FUN relaxing scene on your sweet card. Thanks for the inspiration and for having me on the team. I used what I had available to create my card, but didn't have a beach chair. I hope we've inspired others to come play along in this awesome challenge. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous scene that reminds of my of our sunrises at the lake house, I can hear all the sounds you were describing and made me feel right at home, and I loved the screeching of the seagulls, if they all took off it meant a storm was brewing!! great inspiration for us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous beach scene, I agree the sound of the waves splashing on shore is so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful! It looks so warm and inviting there. I live right near the beach, but it's a rare day that our beaches aren't cold. They seem a lot colder now than they did when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no other relaxing place on earth as the BEACH. I love it there and can't wait for Summer every year just to go spend a few weeks shoreside. I love everything about the beach. I can sit and stare at the waves for hours. Soooo relaxing. And to watch a sunrise or sunset over the ocean is absolutely fabulous. At least to me! :-) Love your card. Your background is gorgeous and you did a fantastic job covering up your booboo! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dar. I had to come by and tell you how much I LOVE this card. It is beach perfection! I am a dyed in the wool beach girl. You have totally captured the essence of a beach day. I can even hear the sounds...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.