Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Double D - Lemon-Ade

 

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
LEMON-ADE
(Lemons or Yellow as focus)

and here's our inspiration board to help get you started . . .
 
 
 
 Well, what do you know!  Here I am, with ALL THIS STUFF and I can't find anything with lemons!  Hmmm!    Not to fear, pop over to our challenge blog and you will see that many of my design team friends have lots of lemons to share with you today.

But for me, we'll just have to go with the color yellow!  LOL
 
 I did find this Honey Bee 'the Bee's Knees' 6x6 paper pack in my stash so that was my starting point.

 
 There was a scrap of the sheet with the honeycomb pattern so I took my scissors and started snipping until I had the size/shape I wanted for the front of my card where I added my cute little bee which was created using a Hero Arts stamp & die kit I purchased a few years back.  
 
I colored Mr. Bee using tombow markers, conditioned & popped up.  The sentiment comes from the Creative Expressions 'Everyday' Wordies sheet CEW002.
 
 
 
Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!
Here's what Diane is offering up for today's prize:

 

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!! 

Challenges to share in:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Flowers
Crafting Happiness Challenge #143 - ATG
Aud Sentiments Challenge #302 - Summer + Sentiment

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

14 comments:

  1. I ADORE bees and the Honey Bee Stamps papers!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and giving all the crafty love! Its not common these days. Back when I started blogging, (same as you 2008) there were more interactions. Now I am so surprised if someone pops in. Thanks so MUCH! YOU have inspired me, I may have to enter this challenge as I LOVE your card! - HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card my friend. I don't think I have anything lemons in my stash either...who knew that was even possible with all this "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha all that stuff and zero lemons, not sure we can be friends any longer LOL (just kidding!) I made a point of buying some one year, I did not have any either. Your colors and design are beautiful and I love the buzzing bee--without them there would be no lemons! Perfect sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Lots of happy yellow with the pretty posies and honey. Hard to believe that any of us wouldn't have what we wanted somewhere in our stash! But this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you went with the yellow. It is so refreshing and bright. What better way to show sunshine than with honey bees and honey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't have a lemon stamp! Your big bright bumble bee seems to be having a good time with the pretty flowers and yummy honeycomb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me a bee card, and don't lemons and honey go nicely together? They make it in tea or something, I think. Anyway, I'm glad you made a bee card because it's the most cheerful thing and, gosh, that paper is darling! It's so clever how you snipped out some honeycomb and popped it up with the bee. Looking at it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is delightful and a great inspiration for those who don't have anything lemony in their stash. And, as Donna said, without bees we wouldn't have lemons! I love the sweet bee and honeycomb. A beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ! love thr mood board and the zingy colours.Such a fabulous card with warm citrus zingy tones.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yellow card is so inspiring and a fabulous contribution to our DT samples lemons or not, we needed yellow samples and this is a perfect example of using yellow!! I have always loved your plump bees and every time I see you using them makes me want some myself!! Fabulous card and fabulous inspiration my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that little bee is the cutest and I love how he looks with the paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable!! I bet the bee is from that kit that sold out before I could snag it. I was so mad, it's a great set. And this is a great card, love your take on the mood board, so stinkin' sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet little bee and I love your take on the mood board, even without the lemons! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the love and the suggestions to other challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute. Love the papers! Very clever of you to cut the honeycombs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.