Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Stencil Fun Challenge - LAYERED STENCILS

  Hello Everyone!

It's time for another fun challenge over on our latest blog ...  Stencil Fun Challenge !

We decided to add another challenge blog to our list of challenge blogs and this time will will be about using our STENCILS.  This challenge will be a MONTHLY challenge and will begin on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.  It will always be an ANYTHING GOES with STENCILS challenge but we will be offering an OPTIONAL THEME

Here is the theme that Diane has chosen as our optional theme:

 LAYERED STENCILS

 Here is what I came up with using 'layered stencils' . . .


I started to panic when Diane came up with this awesome theme (as I didn't think I had any layering stencils lol) but then as I was looking through my albums I spotted this Lisa Horton 'Layered Floral Roses' 2 stencil set that I had received free with a purchase at Scrapbook.com.  Unfortunately, this item has been discontinued ... probably why it was a freebie!

Lisa Horton Crafts - Art Stencils - Layered Floral Roses

I used Tim Holtz distress oxide inks for the coloring.  My 'bee' stamp is from a very old stamp set that I can't remember the name of ... I've kept this bee on a small acrylic block for years and use him most every spring lol.  The sentiment comes from the Creative Expressions 'Everyday' Wordies Sentiment Sheet.

Creative Expressions - Wordies Sentiment Sheets - Everyday

For my second card (Anything Goes),  I created this. . .


First of all, I stenciled the 'Spring Rain' by The Hedgehog Hallow using TH 'broken china' distress oxide ink.  Then stenciled over top with the Creative Expressions 'Butterflies in Flight' mini stencil.

Stencil - Spring Rain - The Hedgehog Hollow

 

 My sentiment was die cut using one of the dies from the Sue Wilson 'Come Rain or Shine' die set (CED23017)

We hope you'll come join in our fun and GOOD LUCK!!

As always . . .

2 comments:

  1. Your bees look so happy to be fluttering around your pretty stenciled florals Darlene! and the butterflies aren't disturbed at all by the rain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... your roses look much prettier on your card than they do in the picture of the stencil. You made it look really special with the pretty colors and the bees. I love that you keep them on their own block to be used often. Butterflies fluttering through the rain drops was looking like our spring for a while there. Now I suppose we'll be lucky to get any rain the rest of the summer. I love both your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.