Monday, June 26, 2023

Happy Birthday

 Happy Monday Friends!

I've been very busy lately, helping a friend who is having to reduce inventory and close her quaint little gift shop due to the death of her sister but I did take a little time this morning to create something new to share with you all.  


 I've had this topper laying on my work table for weeks so thought it was about time I used it.  For the background colorful strip, I used a piece of scrap white card stock and added color by using the ink that was remaining in a couple of my sponge daubers used for my TH distress inks.  The frame was created by die cutting the largest die from the Memory Box 'Wrapped Stitched Frames' die set (#30117).

 

A few yellow Nuvo Drops and a sentiment ... VIOLA!  My card is ready to help celebrate someone's birthday.  You can NEVER have enough birthday cards on hand!  LOL

 I do love a good sketch and there's a fun one available over on the Sketch Saturday blog so that's what I used for the basis of today's creation.

Here's a couple other challenges I'd like to share in ...

Daisy Chain Challenge #75 - No Design Paper
Day of the Month Card Club Challenge #52 - Happy Birthday to you Day
Colorful Options June Challenge - Peach



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have an AMAZING week ahead!

As always . . .


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Darlene! The inked strip is the perfect background for that beautiful bouquet of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Dar and the pretty colors fit into our challenge at Colorful Options, you should enter it there too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your friend's loss and having to close her shop. You're a kind soul to lend her a hand when she needs it. Your card is gorgeous and that topper looks so 3D and real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend. The topper is gorgeous and goes so well with your ink blended strip, nice and smooth inking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your friend but luckily enough she has you to help her through this.Such a beautiful card you have created with such beautiful colours andf that topper is amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous bouquet of flowers! .... so beautifully framed! A truly splendide card! Thank you so much for playing along with our DotMCC challenge. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.