Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Double D - Feathers

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
 
Here's today's theme:
 
FEATHERS
 
 and here's an inspiration board created to help get you started . . .
 
 
 
 Here's what I've created today ...
 

 I seem to always be in need of sympathy cards these days so thought the 'feathers' theme would work well for a masculine sympathy card.   Though hard to see in the photo, I've used a brown 'leather' like background card stock then splattered my white panel using Tattered Angel 'Bronze' Glimmer Mist.
 
The feathers came from the Stamperia 'Forest' paper cut outs and I used some very old brown Hemp for the accent.  My sentiment is by Creative Imprints Rubber Stamps which I picked up at the Adventures in Stamping Convention a few years back.
 

   
 
 
 You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!! 

Challenges to share in:

CAS Colours & Sketches #591 - Sketch Challenge (ends 8/17) 

 

 Crafting Happiness August Challenge - ATG or Back to School (ends 8/31)
The Creative Crafters #102 - ATG (ends 8/8)

  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

3 comments:

  1. Loving the natural look of this beauty! Great splatters and those 2 feathers are perfection! What a fabulous sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I feel the same way about having to make more sympathy cards. But recently I got a request from my daughter for wedding cards and I made eight. I love your card with all of the white space that you splattered. I’m just leaving the feathers as a focal point was fantastic because that sentiment means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, the sentiment chokes me up. That's an absolutely beautiful sympathy card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.