Monday, January 7, 2013

Crafty Secrets Linky Party

Hello my friends and I hope your NEW YEAR is off to a fabulous start!

Since it's the 1st Monday of the Month, that means it's time for the CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY and DT Challenge.  Today the team is creating projects/cards using the 'Creating with Vintage Patterns' CD.  This is my first time using this CD and I went a little crazy ... ooops!  LOL!

First I created an altered box using some of the beautiful papers from this CD.  I was in need of a gift item for a friends upcoming birthday so this will work perfectly!  One of the wonderful things about using digital papers is that you can print them in different sizes.  As you can see on the top portion of the box I used a smaller version of the same paper as the bottom.  The ladies from the bottom portion were larger so I did a little 'fussy' cutting and glued them here and there on the front.  The 'lace' on the side panel is actually the top from another paper panel, and I've used two other papers to finish the inside.

















I've also created some greeting cards for my friends birthday.  It was so much fun and really so easy to be creative in the making of these cards.


I've made these cards by bring & manipulating the images/papers in Microsoft Word 2010.  Everything on this card is computer generated.  The only addition I've added is the Crystal Effects on the right corner rose broach.  Unfortunately you really don't get the full effect in my photo ... it truly looks REAL!


It's really hard to believe that this card is ALL paper!  Again I've added Crystal Effects to the broach and luckily you can see in this photo what wonderful dimension it has added to my already fabulous creation.  I have to tell you . . . I did alter the color of the frame & the lace in Word to match my paper better.  And yes, those corner embellishments were computer generated from the CD ... don't they look awesome!


If you notice on this card . . . the lace is the 'same' lace as the previous card.  Again, I have altered the color via Word to match my frame color (which was also modified slightly from the original image file).  Doing digital creations is a whole new adventure for me and these Crafty Secrets CD's are FABULOUS for this new crafting wave!  The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!!

Do check out the creations made by team mates ... what amazingly talented ladies. 
You are sure to be inspired!!

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader
Michele Kovack
Melissa Bove
Rebekah Faries

Please come join in our Linky Party fun!  
YOU could be the random $50 Winner!! 
You have all week to enter and post any sample you have created using our products or just come and browse.   Every person entering will receive a $5.00 coupon for our www.craftyvintagegirl.com store and random.org will pick 1 lucky winner for a $50.00 Gift Certificate!
 I can't wait to see what you have made!!

If by chance you don't have any of these AMAZING images or papers yet, you can check out the following links . . .
REMINDER:    don't forget about my New Years Blog Candy going on through the month of January!  You can either scroll down for the details or click on the 'candy photo' at the top of my sidebar!   And, I would really appreciate it if you helped spread the word!

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be looking for you at the Linky Party!
Until next time . . .

13 comments:

  1. Darlene, I just love that altered box! It is darling. I have the CD's but I haven't been brave enough to use them yet. I guess this is the "poke" I needed to give it a try. I'm very intimidated by digital anything....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box and cards. The cameo is so beautiful, it's great you can print it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene these creations are just so beautiful. Love the vintage feel to them.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar! What a beautiful gift box and cards! I'd have to say my fave is the one with the cameo.. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Darlene!! Love that beautiful box! And the cards are just stunning!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards and box .. so so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Dar you are doing a fab job with these computer images! You're a wiz at manipulating this stuff on your computer! You'd swear those were layers of paper! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Job on all your projects Darlene! It's so fun to see the papers and elements all put together into different gorgeous pieces of art. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee Darlene all your gift boxes are so pretty it's hard to pick a fave. I do adore that paper with the ladies and mini roses and also love all the layers you added to each of the boxes with the corners, frames, lace, cameo etc. That little oval rose with the rhinestones you used is off an old necklace I love but the loop at the top broke. You're right it looks great!

    Thanks for all your beautiful creations!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Your box is beautiful and the cards turned out great - I need to learn how to do this : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your friend will love this. Gorgeous card and a very pretty place to store them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.