Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fooling with Mother Nature!

Good Morning All and Happy Saturday!

Prior to Christmas here in N.E. Ohio, USA we had some very warm temperatures and again last week the thermometer rose.  Well that has certainly confused my Spring Bulbs!  I took this photo outside my front door JUST THIS MORNING!


OH DEAR!  And, it's supposed to be SINGLE DIGITS next week!  My poor daffodils don't know what to do!  This one actually has a flower bud ... eeks!  Hopefully they will go 'back to sleep' ... Winter hasn't really even hit yet!  

On a crafting note, I have a card to share with you that I created for the current Joan's Gardens Challenge which is to create a card that:
  • opens from the bottom (Tent style card)
  • use purple, aqua, and light green for the colors
  • use something from nature for the theme


I have used design paper from the K&CO 'Botanical' 12x12 paper pack for my background and butterflies.  The sentiment is a JustRite stamp set called 'Large Fanci Sentiments' #CR-03815.  My flowers & leaves are from Prima and the satin ribbon is Offray.

Side View
It's been crazy busy here in my crafting cave this week but more so on the computer vs at my worktable.  Hopefully today I will get more crafting done and will be sure to share it with all you wonderful folks!

With that being said, I will bid you ado and get busy!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Other challenges:
Simply Create Too #29 - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Creative Belli #161 - Purple & Blue
Whimsical Designs - Anything Goes

As always . . .
Don't forget about my blog candy ... CLICK HERE.

9 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous. Love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for Blue/Purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Those butterflies look so real! Amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Bet you had a hard time finding something purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful- love the butterflies- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job did you do. Gorgeous card with beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining this week's Whimsical Wednesday challenge! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and I already love Butterflies :-)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Designs.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, your card is beautiful. Very whimsical :) Thanks for joining us for the Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Darlene... Love the butterflies. Great job. Thanks for joining the WW anything goes challenge.. Tereese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.