Friday, January 11, 2013

QKR Stampede Challenge

Hello my friends!  
Can you believe another weekend is upon us?  
It will be spring before you know it!  LOL!!  Well . . . not quite!

Today I'm thrilled to once again have my Guest Designer Hat on for QKR Stampede and our challenge theme today is SNOWMAN/SNOW ...

I've created a card using their digi image called Feeding the Birds (#digi10501).



I know EXACTLY who I'm going to send this card to.  Hubby & I are adamant about feeding the birds during the winter months and we have friends in PA who do the same ... I think they will enjoy this creation.

Recipe:
Papers - white cs, scraps of green cs, red cs, SU 2-sided Frostwood Lodge dp
Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Onxy Black
Accessories - Gold Glitter Pen for squiggles, MS snowflake punch, Prismacolor markers, Spellbinder Classic oval dies, x-Press It High Tack Foam Mounting Tape

 After coloring my digi image, I decided to start my creation by looking for a fun sketch and after going through the files at Feline Playful, I found this one . . .
 
  . . . at Addicted To Stamps.   My snowman and oval panel behind him is actually ONE panel.  I forget the name of that technique but it's where you partially cut out your image then run it through the Cuttlebug ... it's called something like 'outside the circle' ... I'll have to do a little research and get back to you on that.

Here are a few other challenges this card fits:
Eclectic Ellapu - Snow Much Fun
Gingerloft Challenge - Christmas or Winter
Crafting by Designs - Snowman/Snowmen
Creative Belli  - Winter/Snowman
The House that Stamps Built - Make It Snow
The Perfect Sentiment - Winter Wonderland

So there ya have it!  I had great fun with both coloring this image & doing the sketch (two things I really do enjoy).  I hope you'll pop over to QKR Stampede ... check out the amazing creations by the design team ... then join in the challenge fun!  See you there!

Thanks for stopping by (REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT MY  BLOG CANDY ... EXPIRES 1-31-13) and As Always . . .

18 comments:

  1. Hi, Darlene! I love the sketch you chose for this project Nicely executed project! Thanks for playing on our street at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card, Darlene! Love all the plaid and the way you matched the colors in your image. Thanks for joining us again at Perfect Sentiment.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I've popped over to check out your candy and saw some of your beautiful work and decided I need to follow you. Thanks again for being so sweet,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute snowman -love the colors you chose and the woodgrain paper is perfect!!

    Have A Great Weekend: )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love the image and plaid paper. Cute inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, thanks for your blog address. Love your card. Your snowman is just to cute. He made me laugh as he is feeding the birds and that is something I like to do myself. I see I can follow you my mail, I also have feedblitz so I'm going to be one that will get your post by mail and become a follower also. So glad we got to talk.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Of course I've always been a sucker for snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Nice choice of papers, I like that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layout of this! The colors are wonderful too. Thank you for joining us at SSD DTBST last week!

    Alaine SSD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the creative layering on this card - works perfectly!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Gingerloft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sketch and your entry. Thanks for coming by the neighborhood and playing at 613 Avenue Create.

    Hugs
    Lesia
    www.memascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I LOVE this snowman...he is so jolly...just like I like em"...lol...super funa nd cute winter card....your friends will love it...and I got a new bird feeder from my son.....love watching them feed, and so do the kitties....have a great day my friend....can;t wait to see what you do next....we are leaving Thursday (weather permitting) to go North to watch the "outhouse" races.....fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is realy beautiful!!!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww super cute card, gorgeous work. Thank you for playing along at Eclectic Ellapu.

    Andria - EE. dt (purples).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation, congrats on being with us at QKR Stampede as Guest Designer;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card! Fabulous job with the cutting technique. One I have yet to master.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful card! I'm really impressed with the cutting technique!The inside is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love this card. Your snowman is gorgeous and the tartan paper is so lovely! Thanks for entering our 'Snowman/Getting ready for Christmas' challenge at Crafting By Designs.
    I do hope that you will join our challenges again.
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.