Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge

WOW!  Can you believe Valentine's Day is right around the corner!
Hello my friends and thanks for stopping by today ... you have made my day!!

This time around at the Sisterhood of Crafters, we are looking for creations using at least ONE HEART on it.  Card, 3d projects, scrapbook layouts ... choice is yours ... whatever you wish.
That's right ... the theme is:
I {HEART} VALENTINE'S

This was the perfect time to play again with my new Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage 'Vintage Valentine Digital Kit'.  So many of these adorable images I remember from the Valentine's Day cards we used to hand out to our classmates when I was in grade school (many, many moons ago, LOL).  Here are a couple of cards I've come up with.  I hope you find inspiration . . .

 Isn't she just the cutest!  There are so many wonderful vintage papers & images in this kit!  Since I don't have little kids any longer (all grown up) where I could use this for a party invitation, I decided to use the front on the front of my card and as you can see in the next photo, I used the back for the reverse side of my card front.  Cute huh!  LOL!  Of course I finished the inside (New Years Resolution) simply with a plain white sheet for my message.  

 This would be cute for a young person's birthday where they will have cupcakes.  And, the Inky Impressions charm was the perfect embellishment.  There is also another heart charm attached to the ribbons on the front of the card.


There are SO MANY options by using this Vintage Valentine Kit I could just make Valentine cards ALL DAY!!!  Here's a peek at what comes in the kit:

Our Vintage Valentines Digital Download Kit is brimming with fun stuff in a mix of retro to Victorian styles with 2 printable sheets of valentines and a sheet of matching backs, 2 sheets of shabby tags, 2 strips of cute tickets, 2 styles of invitations, a A4 and a mini envelope, 2 sheet music cupcake wrappers and decorative hearts to embellish with. There are 3 frames and a beautiful big corner heart design you can use on a card or layout.

 I thought this couple was just so darn cute I decided they would be the focus of my 2nd card creation.  The background paper is also from this kit and I've used it for the front AND the inside of my card.   This design is probably about as Clean & Simple as my cards get (like all those layers ya know, lol).  The heart corners are die cut from red cardstock using the Cheery Lynn Designs B165 Lace Corner Deco E (set of 3).  The paper doily is from JoAnn Fabrics (Wilton cake section) and the pink satin ribbon is Offray also from JoAnn Fabrics.  I had a scrap of the music paper left from my first creation so of course I had to use it! 

Here's a peek at the inside ...

Here are a few other challenges:
City Crafter Challenge - Forever Mine (use hearts)
Created with Love - Anything Goes
Victorine Stamps - Valentine Red, Pink & White

Thanks again for stopping by and as always . . .
Don't forget about my blog candy ... CLICK HERE.

18 comments:

  1. Hello Darlene. These are just so sweet. Love the colours and fab images.
    Thanks for sharing at Created with Love, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful Valentine's cards. I love the iamges. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Cards, I so love vintage. Thank You for joining us at TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just darling! I love the vintage images!
    Pascarp-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards have the cutest vintage images. I always scan over them and never think to use them - but you have inspired me, Dar! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I {heart} these!! Couldn't help but smile when I saw what you did with the back of that sweet Little Valentine Queen - so clever! How's the temp in the cave??
    Take Care My Friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love how the back side of the little girl is on the inside of the card. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely ... how cute to have the front and back of your image ... Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us over on Fashionista. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...I LOVE thse cards...so cute and adorable...I have to check this kit out...love these vintage images...and it does bring back memories...I love Valentines...wish we were closer so we could make some together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene... I adore these cards! Love the vintage images... so sweet! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Adorable !! LOVE the vintage!!!! Thanks so much for sharing for adorable card this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you have the front and the back of the image. What a great look. Fabulous bow on the 1st card. Very sweet image on the second.

    Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love these vintage-style Valentines, Darlene! They bring back happy memories from my childhood. So, so cute!

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Darlene! Such darling Valentine cards - inside and out - front and back! Sweet colors, and very pretty ribbons and embellishments! Thanks for inspiring me today! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darlene these are so beautifully designed. Love the colours. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. These card are so cute. I love those images. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.