Tuesday, January 1, 2013

FRIENDSHIP!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What a peaceful, quiet New Year's Day hubby & I are having.  I'm in my crafting cave playing with a few creations and he is in his easy chair reading a book.  The house is starting to smell WONDERFUL!  Early this morning he prepared a pork roast for the crock pot to make pulled pork sandwiches & sauerkraut for our dinner and it is nearly ready!  Mmmmm ... smells SO GOOD!!

I was wanting to play the new challenge over at Cheery Lynn Designs (which is Friends/Friendship) so I took a peek at Feline Playful and found a sketch I thought would be nice to do at a (new to me) challenge blog called Feeling Sketchy.  Here is the sketch I used . . .

F-Sketchy 40 - Scrap Sketch

Now for my creation!  I'm very happy with the end result.  I've kind of gotten away from using other peoples sketches and just kind of 'toss it together myself' but today I wanted to focus on the Friendship sentiment and my homemade flower . . . and it gave me an opportunity to use up some of the scraps I had on my work table.

The products used on this card are as follows:
Papers:  white cs, black cs, old olive cs, pink cs, coral cs, Echo Park Paper Co (Victoria gardens) dp
Stamps:  SU Friendship Flowers & My Sentiments Exactly (M357)
Inks:  Versafine Black
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs Build A Flower 2 Dies, PunchBunch Flower making kit, McGill black forming mat, Art Glitter glue, pop dots, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Pebbles, Inc 'spring green' candy dots

Speaking of FRIENDS ... I want to take a quick moment and extend my sincere thanks to each of you who are so kind in your comments and encouragement here on my blog.  When I started this adventure I had no idea just how many wonderful people I would meet along the way and what a precious part of my life you would all become!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am looking forward to another year of trying to be as inspiring to you all as you have been to me!!

A few other challenges to enter:
Anything Goes Challenge - Just Good Friends
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes

Well hubby just gave a shout down the steps that dinner is almost ready!  
I'd better go see if I can give him a helping hand!

Thanks so much for stopping by and As Always . . .

17 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL And I LOVE your vintage blog pics!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and I love your fabulous card design and the colors. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Dar! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Darlene. Your rosé is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Sentiment! Your rose is also gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful creation hun! Thanks for joining in this week at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Darlene. I love the sentiment. I also love the vintage pictures on your blog. Where did you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Dar, this is stunning...it's for me..right??? LOL, but really it is so gorgeous...good luck with the challenges....I still need to do my Cheery Lynn one, been so busy "undecorating" and "cleaning"...not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Darlene! Those colors are gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Darlene, what a stunning flower and card, beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenge this week. I wish you lots of luck in the prize draw.
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous use of the sketch and a wonderful sentiments.

    Thank you for joining in with us at Artistic Inspirations.
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That flowers is fantastic! I adore the colours you have used and the sentiment is fabulous. Thanks SO MUCH for playing along at feeling sketchy this week, hope to see you back again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a beautiful job with your flower and I love the colors you used for your card. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Darlene. what a lovely card to make for a special friend. I am so glad you stumbled across our Feeling Sketchy blog. I hope to see you back again soon :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flower, Darlene, and lovely card design. Adorable shaped easel card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, love the flower!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card, adore the flower!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.