Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Crafty Secrets Fun . . .

Hello All!

I've been having fun the past couple of days playing challenges and creating with more of my Crafty Secrets products.  (Don't forget about the January Linky Party going on right now at Crafty Secrets ... check it out HERE.) Yesterday I joined in the Try a New Technique Challenge (TLC411) at Splitcoast Stampers which was to go back through the 2012 TLC challenges and create using one or more of those older techniques.  Here's what I came up with:

 I actually pulled inspiration from THREE different challenges: Scallops, Twine It Up and Add Dimension.  

Keeping in stride with my new year's resolution, here's a peek at the finished inside.

For this creation my first decision was to use this lovely image from the Crafty Secrets Birds & Blossoms Creative Scraps.  I did a little fussy cutting around to top of the image to give it a little more dimension vs just a rectangular image.  Then I double matted it with coordinating cardstock.  Searching through my TONS of designer paper, I decided I liked this 6x6 piece from the Prima Nature Garden paper pack.  I chose SU Blushing Bride cardstock as my accent color.
Other pieces & parts used are:
Wilton paper doily, Spellbinder classic circle die, Prima flowers, Stampendous diamond dots, Cheery Lynn Designs Build a Flower 2 (B187) die leaves, SU scallop border punch, Bucket o Buttons heart shaped button and SU pink fiber twine

Another fun challenge I participated in was the current Sketch Challenge (new challenge coming on Wednesday).  Here's a peek at the sketch I used . . .


and here is my card creation:



Another Crafty Secrets image was used as the focus on this creation.  This time it comes from the Homemade Images & Journal Note Booklet.  I ran it through my Vagabond using a Spellbinder Classic Oval die and added Stickles to the heart & wings for added sparkle & dimension.

Other pieces & parts used are:
SU Blushing Bride cardstock, Pixie Press & DCWV designer paper, Martha Stewart doily lace border punch, Offray pink satin ribbon, Bow Easy, Paper Piercer, red Zig marker for faux stitching.

AND LASTLY (thanks for hanging in there with me, lol)
is a wedding card using another adorable Crafty Secrets image.  This time from the Little Dolls Images & Journal Notes booklet.  I have used both pieces ... the main image on the front of the card and the 'journal note' for the inside card panel.


(aren't they just the cutest!!)

The inspiration for this card came from a similar card I spotted on Pinterest using multiple embossed panels.  I thought I had repinned it so I could share it with you ...but evidently not ... sorry!

Other pieces & parts used are:
Black and White cardstock, Sizzix swirl EF, Cuttlebug swiss dot EF, Cheery Lynn Designs Small Fanciful Flourish die, Kaiser pearls, peach organza ribbon, pop dots, American Crafts wedding clear stamp set.

SHEW!  Okay ... that's it for me today.  Sorry it was such a long post but I just had so much to share with you!!  I hope you've found inspiration in my work and PLEASE ... feel free to leave me a comment.  I'd love to hear from you. 

REMEMBER ... I HAVE BLOG CANDY THROUGH JANUARY ... CLICK ON THE IMAGE AT THE TOP OF MY SIDEBAR FOR ALL THE DETAILS.

Thanks again ... and as always ...

9 comments:

  1. Darlene, these creations are once again just so gorgeous. I especially love the cute little girl one.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, your cards are awesome! The wedding card is stunning in that color scheme. I'm definitely going to have to get some Crafty Secrets products; I love doing digital designs. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Darlene...I love that precious Valentine! And the wedding kewpies are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! So cute. I love Crafty Secrets and their wonderful products. You did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Cards, I love the valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards and images...love the vintage look Crafty Secrets has....I wish I had some time to do some....but at least I can enjoy yours...love them...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you amaze me!! SO much creativity in one post - I don't know how you get it all done? Love how you used the oval Spellbinder die on your Valentine's card and those layers of lace are too sweet! Now you have inspired to get out of my cave and start creating : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You have been quite busy. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.