Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm doing Blue & White today . . .

Hello blogging friends and thanks so much for stopping by today!

When I saw the 1st challenge for 2013 over at Joan's Gardens, I just couldn't wait to create something and play along.  Then I gave a peek at Feline Playful and saw a couple other challenges that would be fun.  

I'm in the middle of taking down Christmas in my house but hey ... I deserve a break ... right!  LOL!

The challenge at Joan's Gardens is:
  • Created a blue and white card
  • Use 4 corner dies
  • Make a Thank You Card
  • Add a flower


 This is really CAS for me but I like how it came together and even decided to create another (similar) card using the same basic idea & products.
Here's what I've used to make this card:
Paper:  white cs, medium blue cs
Stamp:  StampCraft
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs B165 Lace Corner Deco E die, Spellbinder Shapeabilities Create a Flake 3, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot EF, Spellbinder classic circle die, Cheery Lynn Designs Create A Flower 2 (leaves),  For Card #2 I also used MS icicle border punch, MS snowflake punch and Tim Holtz broken china distress ink.

My 'flower' was actually made from a Cheery Lynn Designs Lace Pine Snowflake die (DL175).  After die cutting from white cardstock, I simply crunched it all into the middle ... added glue to make a stem ... waited for it to dry then cut most of the stem off to make it sit flat on my card.


Here are a few other challenges these cards qualify for:
Stampavie and more - Blue and White
Creative Moments Bloggers Network - Monochrome/Anything Goes
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes
Loves Rubber Stamps - Use dies or punches
Creative Creations - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft Challenge - January Blues
Pikes Playground - Wintery Thank You
Squigglefly - Thank You Cards
The Crazy Challenge - No Design Paper
Whoopsi Daisy - Diecuts & Punches

Okay that's it for me ... time to get back to work!  I have Santas, garland & ornaments EVERYWHERE!  And, it's almost time to make dinner ... yikes!

Thanks all!  And, as always,
Don't forget about my blog candy ... going all all month!  Check out the easy details by clicking the candy photo at the top of my sidebar.  OH!  And ... I've added MORE to the pot just today!!!

27 comments:

  1. Darlene these are both such pretty cards! I love the blue! Very creative of you to make the flower from the snowflake! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I love the flower made with the snowflake die : ) And the blue on white- so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the soft colors and embossing on the card. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it...love what you did with the snowflake dies on your first card!
    Have a fab day!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, love the dies you used on your card and the fabulous card design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely Darlene. Such a clever idea, making flowers from snowflake die-cuts. I love them!

    Thank you for playing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty, and good luck in the draw.

    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Love the touch of green with the leaves.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Thanks for coming and checking out my blog! I just became a follower of yours, and I love it! Well I am off to poke around here, to check out all your pretty things! P.S. You have a beautiful family!! karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Thanks for coming and checking out my blog! I just became a follower of yours, and I love it! Well I am off to poke around here, to check out all your pretty things! P.S. You have a beautiful family!! karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Darlene, What a beautiful card, and I beautiful blog! Thanks for stopping over at my blog, I just became a follower on yours! Well I am off to check out all your pretty things! Oh and you have a beautiful family too!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful designs I love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this time and good luck
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and elegant - and thanks for playing along at Squigglefly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card, thanks for playing along in the monochrome challenge with us at Creative Moments. Gill (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love the layout and corners! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous! Love all the intricate Die work and such pretty colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Love the design & colours...so elegant!! Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy... May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab cards - love them both. The blue and white are so effective. Thanks for joining in at Creative Moments. Helen (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are beautiful...like you, sometimes CAS just works perfect, like it did for these....love seeing your creations, always inspire "me" to get busy!!! Have a wonderful Sunday...hope the hubby is cooking you something "delish".....LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining us at Cupcake for our Monochromatic Blue challenge! Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! Beautiful elements and design. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Love the drippy icicles and the snowflake flower on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your gorgeous card! Love the swirl :).This is sooo Elegant and Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both these cards are so pretty Darlene. Thank you for joining us in our first challenge this year at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So elegant and pretty. Your cards have such a wintery feel : ) Just lovely Darlene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.