Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Balloons for your Birthday

Hello Friends!

I hope you are having a fabulous start to your week!
Since it's raining (again) outside, which mean I can't go out and play in my flower beds, I'm taking the opportunity to work on some of the 5 sets of cards my cousin has requested for weddings she has coming up over the summer months.  I actually delivered the first set over this past weekend (she needed them by May 28th) so thought I would share a few of them with you from time to time.


Inside View


We all need birthday cards so I thought I would keep this card 'gender neutral'.  This way the recipient will be able to use it for just about anyone.  And of course, it had to have HAPPY colors!

Dies used are:


Memory Box - Dies - Open Studio - Wrapped Stitch Frames


Paper Rose - Dies - Bunch Of Balloons



Stamps used are:
Verve Stamps - Blessings (front)
Technique Tuesday (balloons on inside) - Umpteenth Birthday
Hero Arts -  Many Birthday Messages (CL611)


The balloons were die cut from white card stock, colored using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, then popped up on the front panel using dimensional tape.

Challenges to share in:
AAA Birthday Game #1 - Anything Birthday

Since this set of cards was created for an Amish girl, I wasn't too sure if this was too much color but my cousin said it was perfect so I was happy to hear that.

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 


10 comments:

  1. Your card is very festive! I love the balloons die and the stitched frame is just calling my name! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this balloon card is fabulous...I just LOVE those pretty colorful balloons and the pretty design!! Another die you have enabled me to put on my ever growing 'want/need list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute CAS card. Love the inside. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and festive card and perfect for any age or gender for sure. I love the balloon dies and was looking that set over quite closely lately and thinking of ordering them. With this inspiration I just might do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very bright and happy colors, how could it not make someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say that is one of the cutest balloon dies I've seen! I wouldn't know where to start with cards for the Amish, but if she says so... Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love balloons and your card too! Such a bright happy and fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. And good luck with the DT Call.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, bright and cheerful card....the die cuts fit our theme perfectly

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafty friends challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Darlene! I love how you coloured the die cut and the frame is great too. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dimension you created using the balloon die. It's such a lovely card! Thanks for joining our first AAA Birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.