Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Double D - Frames

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm hosting today and as you can see by my blog title ... the theme is

FRAMES
(any shape or size)
Here's the mood board I've created to help inspire you . .

 

 I can't wait to see what everyone creates!
I love creating frames for my cards ... sometimes simple and
sometimes very elaborate!  Today I started out with
elaborate in mind but ended up with a card that
quite simplistic.  Who knew!  LOL


I had a need for some Thinking of You cards so I knew
right away that was going to be the sentiment used but wasn't
exactly sure where I was headed from that point and
as I was cutting frames using a very OLD Spellbinder labels die set,
I came up with this idea.


I did however once again turn to my stacking & UTEE technique
for my die cut words.  Which are from the Sizzix Thinlet 'Celebrate' set.
Sizzix - Sizzlits - Tim Holtz - Celebration Words: Script
 REMEMBER:  We have a fun prize to give away to one lucky player,
which will be chosen by Random.org
ALL are welcome to enter ... we will ship internationally!

Today's prize offering is ...

 

So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog
to see all the details and amazing samples offered
up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!


 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D!
As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Darlene! Those 3-D stacked words are simply amazing! I really need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find my cards usually take me on the ride lol I do love added Glossy Accents or UTEE all over die cuts, it makes them so shiny and POP for sure! These are great cards to have on hand, and yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card with that wonderful pattern paper and the pretty frames you used on it. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you did the framing of the sentiment, like the shiny sentiment to make it extra special

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty background paper. Love how you framed all the words of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you using an oldie die set! I love seeing these come out to play. I have this set, too, as I still have all my original Spellbinders. Remember when they were the only ones on the market? Thank you, Spellbinders! I didn't notice before that you'd glossed up the words. That's the coolest effect. Pretty paper. I love your idea, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that your card making process of quite like mine. You never know what you are going to get. I really like the finished card. Like the words framed and that background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design, and those diecut words with UTEE technique look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, great idea with the frames, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Fabulous challenge theme you chose and I LOVE your thinking of you cards! Delightful, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this, you have such a way with patterned paper. Great idea to use the UTEE to enhance the words, really makes them pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever way to bring attention to any sentiment by framing each word! Love the whole concept and pretty design here. The sparkle is just over the top with the Utee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.