Friday, May 10, 2019

You are AMAZING!

Hello Friends!

I have been so crazy busy the past few months with my Spring Show, Granddaughter's Wedding and of course SPRING and all the wonderful outside things that need tending too when Winter is finally past!  I feel I have really been neglecting my blog with the exception of my monthly design team shares.

So today I decided to take the time and just PLAY one of my many favorite challenges!

And that challenge is the MOJO MONDAY challenge.  
I always enjoy her sketches and here's what she's sharing to create with this time around.



A friend of mine shared some 'lumpy bumpy' watercolor paper with me
so I created my background panel using that paper and TH Distress Oxide 
'Peacock Feathers' ink.    

I used the same process on a plain scrap of white card stock for my focus panel before stamping a very old Stampendous (circa 2006) 'Agapanthus Cluster' floral image.  Leaving some white space at the bottom for added drama.  

My sentiment panel was created using the Simon Says Thoughtful Messages stamp set and die cut using a Sue Wilson Stitched Flags banner die.

Challenges to share in:
Dare2BArtzy May Challenge - Flowers
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - For a Special Lady
Virginia's Show & Share - ATG
I hope you're having an AWESOME day!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 


15 comments:

  1. LOVE how you have showcased that stamp. Simply fabulous, love the color too. Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling design with the beautiful blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful background and well designed. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful blue colors on this. A really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So striking! I love the texture on that water color paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Darlene! This is such a lovely monochromatic card! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julee always has good sketches, I totally agree. Wow, that is some very lumpy bumpy watercolor paper and I love the texture it gives your background! Pretty stamp, and I'm guessing you used one of your handy dandy pre-made sentiments. It worked out perfectly for the sketch! We just got home today after kicking off the season with a couple of days of camping. Catch up time now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very lovely. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so nice you were able to take out the time and just have some fun playing with a sketch, great texture in that base water color paper, pretty whispy panel that you stamped on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Dar and you nailed the sketch! You really made those flowers be the center of attention, another beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh!! I love the Mojo Monday sketches, I'm so happy Julie came back.
    And your card is lovely, the sponging is so beautiful, looks like those little flowers are bracing themselves for a very stormy day.
    Love the "lumpy, bumpy" watercolor paper, the texture is fabulous.
    Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, what a beautiful card. that gorgeous inky background is so perfect! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (may flower!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU are amazing! Beautiful work, Darlene! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. The black stamps really pop on the aqua background and the black mats define the layers so well.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our May Flowers challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.