Thursday, May 16, 2019

Your Special Day

Hello Friends!

Today I decided to get creative but had nothing in particular in mind.  So, while taking a  look through the challenges over on Paper Playful, I spotted a challenge that caught my eye!   And that is the challenge over on the Cardz 4 Guys Challenge Blog.   The theme is 'Man Cave' and even though some guys have a designated 'room', there are those guys who really want to 'get away' and head for the wide open spaces.  THAT is where my mind went for today's card.

 I recently received some new dies and this die works perfectly for what I had in mind.  I know many of the guys in our family are 'outdoors men' and love to go fishing to relax'  I must say, I've been fishing a few times in my life and I truly did enjoy it (with the exception of having to put a worm on the hook ... I wouldn't do that ... yuck ... lol).

 The die I chose for my focus is the Impression Obsession 'Good Day Fishing'

Impression Obsession - Dies - Good Day Fishing

As you can see, the outline circle does go the whole way around the die.  But, I decided to snip the upper portion of the circle off and mount it onto the largest in the set of Tutti Designs Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circle dies and use it as my background.

Tutti Designs - Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles

In order to be able to use this card for a variety of occasions, I decided to use one of the Impression Obsession Top Edgers sentiment dies.
 Impression Obsession - Dies - Everyday Top Edgers

 Before adhering my die cut panel to the circular background, I did a little light sponging of Tim Holtz distress oxide 'distress blue' on the section that is to be the water ... just to give some definition.

I also spotted this white star laying on my work table that had popped out of the balloon die I used on THIS creation so decided to put it in the sky.    I could have stopped there but there was too much 'plain' space for my liking so I grabbed my bottle of Nuvo Crystal Drops and added a few dots ... ahhh that's better!  LOL

Nuvo Crystal Drops - Gloss White


Here are a few other challenges I'd like to share in:
Send A Smile May Challenge - For Dad from Kids
Time Out Challenge #135 -  Inspired by Words
 

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 


12 comments:

  1. Wow, Darlene! I love everything about this card...the blue is beautiful with the black silhouette. That is an awesome die cut fishing scene. I have a couple of the edge word dies, but struggle to use them. You used it perfectly! Love the Nuvo crystals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing way to use dies to create a spectacular masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male themed card great image
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GORGEOUS silhouette! Great card for guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most beautiful and perfect masculine dies I've seen and I love what you've done with it! Cool to snip off part of the circle and add extra color to the water line. The whole great outdoors is the most wonderful man cave and thank goodness girls are allowed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know my hubby loves to get out and take pictures that is his mans cave :)
    This will be so perfect for the fisherman in your family... I would have had to use the nuvo drops too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am all about silhouettes and I love this Darlene! The water, star and dots add lovely dimension to your scene. Thank you for sharing your adventure card with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m surprised to see how well pearls actually can fit in so nicely with a masculine design. I love silhouettes and I like how you cut it to blend in better with the die cut circle serving as background. Fab card, thanks for sharing it with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous scene! Love the whole design and the drops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Darlene for uploading your card to SAS4KIDS. Any kid would love to give this precious card to his/her father. Thanks for joining in over at SASA4KIDS. Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.