Sunday, May 5, 2019

It all about FLOWERS ...

Hello friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog.
Today, it's my turn to be your hostess and the theme I have chosen is:

FLOWERS


 I'm so happy with the outcome of this card!
I won this adorable stamp set called 'Flowers in Bloom' from Sweet 'n Sassy
way back in 2011 and hadn't inked it up until now!  (MY BAD!!!)

 After stamping onto a scrap of white card stock, I colored my image using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Then I die cut my image using a Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Oval.  To 'frame' this pretty image, I die cut three panels using the Tutti Designs Scalloped Stitched Ovals and stacked them together.


My background paper is from the Echo Park 'Dots & Stripes' 6x6 paper pack.
The lattice background grid is a die from Dee's Distinctive that I've cut from yellow card stock.  My additional butterflies were cut from a scrap of blue card stock using the Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch.

I hope you'll come join in this FUN challenge
and there are prizes offered too!
Hope to see you there!!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 


13 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and image, I love the dies you have used too.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Darlene. A lovely design with the dies and pretty flowers. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene, you've made a lovely card for our challenge. I like your choise of bright colours. Your card looks fresh and very pretty.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card this morning. Those flowers are so gorgeous and the blue butterflies just capture my heart. I love butterflies! Also love the yellow die cut you used in the background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable floral card! Love the fluttering butterflies added!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the way you stacked the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful floral card. Those blue butterflies are a great pop of color
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, your floral card is very pretty. I just realized I don't create many yellow cards. I have the paper, but it isn't a color I readily grab. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully colored flowers design and I love the die that you used to back it on. Wonderfu card

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, I love your beautifully colored image. Your polka dot background and that yellow die cut are a perfect backdrop, and the blue butterflies matching the one in your image are so well thought out. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, Darlene! The yellow, that cool grid die, the polka dots and, of course, the flowers... it all comes together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Darlene..I love the stamped image and the background with the yellow die is gorgeous..I love the added blue butterflies too.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. isn't it sad that we just don't have time to play with all our new stuff :) You did a beautiful job coloring, love the dimension on the framing and the addition of your punched butterflies to go with the one in the image

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.