Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Sisterhood of Crafters - Flowers

Hello dear friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over

 Our hostess today is Diane and the theme she has chosen is:

FLOWERS
Here's what I have to share ...

 I love flowers of all kinds but in the Spring, I love watching
my tulips & daffodils pop out in bloom!!

This image is one I've had in my stash for a long time and today was the
day to bring it to life on a card.  The dies I've used on today's card are:

Tutti Designs - Scalloped Stitched Nesting Rectangles

Penny Black - Dies - Elegant Stitching
Unfortunately, these dies are both out of stock at the moment
but you could certainly use any rectangular shaped stacking dies
for this design.

A short while back I was playing around with
some of my sentiment stamps and my stamping platform
and created several panels such as this using
scraps of white card stock.  Now it's quick &
easy to add a sentiment to the front of my card
when I'm in a hurry.

Challenges to share in:

Watercooler Wednesday .... All About Occasions 
Shopping Our Stash .... May Flowers

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful card with a lot of springfeeling to it!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty. I like the look of that wonky stitched die frames do your idea of pre stamping some sentiments on scraps to use. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with those bright red tulips (also a favorite spring flower of mine)...great idea to stamp ahead some panels like you did, too...will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so lovely! Fabulous image and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image and a fabulous design to showcase it.
    Love the way you framed this image, especially the "Elegant Stitching Frames", what a lovely design.
    Thank you for sharing at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring flowers are the best because we're so ready for them after winter! I love these gorgeous red tulips and I have a "thing" for flowers in pitchers. The frame and mat combo is really pretty on this, Darlene. I have the stitched frame (because of you) and I'll have to see how it works with my scalloped dies. You're always giving me ideas or enabling me one way or another. Bet you'll be glad you have those sentiments all ready to go. I always like the look of a sentiment stretched across the card front like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Darlene. Love tulips as much as daisies :-) They're such happy flowers, aren't they? Love the fancy stitched frames. I need to get some of those - need to add them to my ever growing list :-)
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful elegant creation Darlene that image and the papers look luscious
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this beautiful floral birthday card, Darlene! Those dies work so well together - quite amazing! The designer paper is also wonderful as the background. Love everything, I guess! Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful springtime bouquet, love the way you did the framing, great layering !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous framing dies on this pretty card. Thanks so much for sharing with us, Darlene. It's always a treat.
    Blessings,
    karen L

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Your card. The stitched frames, the pattern paper and a very nice picture. A lovely birthday card.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, you coordinated the colors to perfection with this card! Love each and every detail. So why don't I remember to use some time savers too, LOL! Wonderful card, Sis-tah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very pretty, Darlene! It is not always easy to match colors when everything is pre-printed but you did an excellent job of integrating the colors to present a fabulous project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.