Saturday, December 31, 2022

Getting the mojo going . . .

 HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE DAY!

As I'm sure you have noticed, I haven't been making many cards lately!  Like a lot of you, there have been just too many other things going on this time of the year but today I decided to take a little time and get into the crafting cave.  My mojo has certainly NOT been around this month but it was really fun to look through Paper Playful and find a sketch that would help me get things going ...

I spotted a couple that I liked but decided to go with the sketch over on the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge blog ... here's their sketch this time around:

 

 And, here's what I've created for you . . .


I'm thrilled to say that Santa brought me a new computer for Christmas but sad to say my old photo editing software is no longer compatible so I'm using a new editor and still trying to learn all it's ins & outs so bare with me please as my photos may not be as good as they used to be lol.

I am in need of a few birthday cards for January so this will be a good start!
I've had a pack of K & Company die cut images so that's what I've used to create today's card.  It's a variety of birds, flowers and dragon flies and was fun to create with.

I took a scrap strip of muted designer paper and colored it using my Tombow markers then gave it a tear to create the grassy lower portion.  It looks black but is actually dark green.  Adding a few Nuvo drops and sentiment was all that was needed to complete this creation.


Thanks so much for stopping by and if you're going out partying for New Years tonight ... please, please, please be safe.   Happy New Year friends!


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image, Darlene! The dimension is wonderful and such a great use of this sketch! Your mojo is just fine, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower die cuts made for a lovely card! Wishing you a Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mojo is in full bloom here, Darlene! How gorgeous your arrangement of these pretty parts is. We ended up doing two Christmases and I'm exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Darlene! I love all the dimension and different elements! So cheery on a winter day! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful floral design So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.