Saturday, March 11, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Rainbows

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'RAINBOWS'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  
 
 
As amazing as it is with ALL the crafting goodies I own, I did/do not have much in the way of actual RAINBOWS lol ... so we are going with rainbow colors for today's card.

The flower I've used is from a very old Inkadinkado stamp set.  I've simply stamped it on a scrap panel of white card stock then used my green Tombow marker for the connecting stems.

Then I got the bright idea to use a ruler and Tombow markers to separate the flowers from the sentiment which by the way is another very old sentiment stamp by D.R.S. Designs (not even sure if they are still in business).
 
 I did have another card created  for this challenge but then I got this bright idea so simply finished the inside of the other card and place it in my sale box.   I'm sure someone will like it.
 
OH GOOD GRIEF!
Do you see anything missing on the card below?
Yep ... this WAS the card I had to share with you and I was SO concentrated on the rainbow theme that I totally forgot to use an embossing folder ... WHERE? is my mind?  So even though it was my second attempt (1st attempt DID use an EF ... geesh) it was still wrong LOL!

LUCKILY, I was able to recover by simply grabbing my Embossalicious 'Petite Dot' embossing folder and running my card through just on the right, sentiment side.  Whew!  Got lucky there!  Otherwise it would have been start again ... Take Three!  lol

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are great! I love that you made it again with the embossing and that sentiment is super too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh Donna, I have done that many times when doing a challenge, great idea to use that rainbow theme! I like that sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! those little flowers are so pretty and just perfect with your rainbow centre border, your embossed poka dots look great too! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love this so much. Those flowers are fabulous, but what really makes this card is that rainbow strip - it just POPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of the rainbow theme -- with and without the embossing, ha! Who among us has not done a goof like this? Great use of this stamp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card(s), with or without embossing! I love how you made that rainbow stripe down the middle, I thought is was ribbon until I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to show the rainbow colours!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel pretty certain we've all been there/done that at some point! LOL It still turned out to be a great card, and I love your hand-drawn stems! Just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have no idea how many times I'm making a DT project, get to the end and think "Should have read the challenge theme first!" :-). Lucky that you were able to remedy this problem so easily. It turned out beautiful and cheerful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful rainbow card; love the EF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.