Thursday, March 2, 2023

Feel Better

Hello crafty friends . . .

For the new challenge over on Little Red Wagon, my dear friend Doni (Lime Green Giggles) is hosting and the theme she has chosen is Feel Better - Get Well or Encouragement.  I've gone with Feel Better as I can't seem to keep enough of these cards in my sale boxes these days.

 I was playing with some of my new Lisa Horton goodies and learned a very valuable lesson in doing so.  Read or Watch the directions on how to (and in what order) you should use her latest Stencil, Embossing Folder & Die combo goodies.  Being of Polish decent, I of course went out on my own and was doing it backwards which made it a whole lot harder!  LOL  Then I wised up and watched a video on YouTube on the proper way to use this product!  LOL

 

So the flowers on this creation are NOT 'Whole' ... I've had to cut part off that I messed up but was still too pretty to throw away so I salvaged what I could and used it on this card.

This is the Lisa Horton 'Posy of Roses' Layering Stencils, Embossing Folder/die sets.

Lisa Horton Crafts - Layering Stencils - Posy of Roses

The sentiment is a die by Scrapbook.com. and the frame is by Memory Box.

 Hope you all have a wonderful weekend coming up.
I'm headed over to Pennsylvania early tomorrow morning to join in our monthly Cousins Breakfast.  I am so bless with a LARGE family and sometimes we'll have as many as 35-40 of us.  Depending on what everyone has going on.  We link up at a local restaurant where they reserve the back room for us the 1st Friday of each month.  How awesome is that.  

Stay safe & healthy ...


4 comments:

  1. Great card, Darlene! So..you use the layering stencil over the embossed piece? How cool is that! You have the neatest toys... Enjoy your time with family...hope to see you soon. Oh yes, thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this time you must be wrapping up your breakfast, or maybe in the middle of it. I'm capable of stretching something like that out well into the afternoon. Anyway, I hope you had or are having a great time! I'm in love with the looks of your gorgeous card! Partly it's the colors you used. Love that combo! I also like how you were able to use only part of the flowers because sometimes you just don't need it to be the whole card. I've been looking and looking at these complete sets but can't decide which one to get, so I'm still looking, ha! Thanks for the tip about watching the video. I'll be sure and do that when the time comes. Beautiful card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers and texture. Love the bright happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh, I have done the same thing, nice to watch a video first explaining how it should be done. The flowers turned out pretty so that was a good save, I agree that it seems we are having to make a lot of get wells lately.
    Hope you had a good time with family, it is precious time that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.