Friday, August 9, 2024

To honor my friend . . .

 Hello Everyone!

Back in May, I lost my dear crafting friend Doni and I recently was offered all her stamps/dies.  Of course I was honored to have been asked and thought I'd create something to honor her using one of her favorite stamp companies ... Lawn Fawn.  

I must admit she was far better at using these little stamps than I am!  She had a very clean, professional looking style and even though she did it with ease & pleasure, I find it to be a bit too 'fussy' for me.  Maybe it's because my eyes don't focus on these little stamps as well as they used to or maybe it's the cramping of my fingers but either way, here's my tribute to dear friend Doni (LimeGreenGiggles).

I was told Lawn Fawn has a challenge so that's where I'm headed!  Here is their inspiration for the current challenge . . .

And, here is what I came up with using the Lawn Fawn 'Life is Good' stamp set.


I'm not really happy with this card but I know Doni would say 'No, it's just fine!!'  Like I said, Doni's style and my style were totally different from each other and I always admired what she came up with.  I sure do miss our crafting, lunches & friendship!

She would have done something more like this (but would have taken more time on it ... I did this in about 5 minutes).  You get the idea . . .


Guess I'd best stop playing around and get some work done around here!

Thanks for stopping by ...


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards - I really like both. And they are such a lovely tribute to your friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I am sure she would love seeing her products getting used and the love put into these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty scenes, she would love that you are using her goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is a beautiful tribute to your friend. Thank you for playing along with the Lawnfawnatics Challenge. 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.