Tuesday, October 8, 2024

It's almost SHOW TIME . . .

 Hello friends . . .

As a lot of you know, I do the local High School craft show each year
so that's what I'm working on in the craftng cave at the
present time.  This show is always the 1st Saturday in November.

I've already got several tissue box holders made and with that
comes a long strip of scrap 12x12 decorate paper.  So
as not to waste, I have cut some of them into smaller
strips and used to create backgrounds for fractured card designs.

But this week I decided to use some of them and create
gift card / money holders for this years show.
They are pretty easy peasy and I think will be well received.



Here's the easy peasy instructions . . .

 You can get two holders from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11 card stock.

 The gift card holder size will be 5" x 7"


 My scrap strip of decorative paper is 3 14" x 12" ... I cut those in half (at 6").  That gives me the correct width for my holders and just need to recut the length to 4 3/4".  That little scrap left of decorative paper is used for the inside so hang on to it.  AND, when I cut my card stock, I cut the width from the 8 1/2" side to 7" ... giving me a white strip of 1 1/2" also for the inside gift card pocket element.

 
I use 1/8" score tape to adhere the panel that will hold your gift card or money.



You can decorate the front as simple or fancy as you wish.
I simply created a couple circles and added a stamped sentiment.
There is plenty of room on the inside cover if the
recipient wants to add a message.

Here's the final ...

(inside)


  RECAP

 Main cards size is 5" x 7" scored at 3 1/2".
Decorative scrap is 3 1/4" x 4 3/4".

Inside gift card holder slot panel is 1 1/2" x not quite 3 1/2"
with the decorative paper panel being 1 3/8" x 3 1/4".


Well, that's it for me today ... lots going on here so I'd better get busy!
As always, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and


1 comment:

  1. That's a great way to use up the extra paper, and so cute! Everyone needs gift card holders. We use them every year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.