Thursday, March 14, 2019

Nothing Goes to Waste

Hello friends!
We are headed out to a funeral ... SAD SAD DAY! 
But before I go I wanted to share this quick fun card with you.


The other day, this puzzle (this is only a third of it ... guess I should have taken a photo before I cut it up lol) came in the mail from one of the companies we make contributions to.  I wish they would quit sending us stuff ... we sent them money to help their cause and then they spend money doing stuff like this!  UGH!  

Anyways, hubby says 'Here Dar ... can you do anything with this in your cave?'

Well of course I can! was my reply and here's what I did.
I cut it into three sections (only 2 are really usable) ... scotch taped the back to keep all the puzzle pieces in place, adhered it to a card base and added a sentiment panel ... VIOLA!

Sorry for the quick post but I must get ready to go!

Have a great day everyone!
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry you had to attend a funeral. That is rough! But I am so glad you shared the recycled puzzle. It makes a wonderful card. We get so many solicitations as well and it seems like there is always money spent on sending things we never ordered. And, coins...why for do they send them as those coins could be used for their cause provided it is a legitimate one. So many send things and then we find they are not a very good charity. One has to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, gosh darn, that's cute, Darlene!! It will be a darling birthday card for a little boy. Very colorful and the puzzle pieces are fun! Rich always checks with me before he throws anything away, too. I haven't had a funeral to attend in quite a while, knock on wood. It's a sad day, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use the puzzle, such clever idea! It's a fun and so colourful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of a 'recycle' item and I think any young man would love to receive this card, so bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wonder the same thing when they send out all this stuff too, guess they hope you will send more money to cover it maybe, who knows. It's great that you are able to use the stuff though and it not go in the trash, great card done with it! Sorry you had to go to a funeral :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm late commenting on this, Darlene, but I've kept it in my inbox until I could get here. I'm a puzzler, and I think this is a brilliant card using the free puzzle! It's as cute as can be! (And I hear your complaint and agree. I also hate the fact that the charities that you donate to call you incessantly. I'm already a contributor, why don't you mark my number as such and bug the heck out of people who DON'T already support you? I've actually stopped donating to a coupla of them and told them why. Screwy marketing philosophy, but once again we weren't home the day they called to ask our opinions, haha!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.