Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Double D - Gingham

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm hosting today and as you can see by my blog title ... the theme is

GINGHAM
(any color or material ... paper, ribbon)
Here's the mood board I've created to help inspire you . . .


Here's what I came up with!
It's totally different from what I first envisioned
but still love how it came together!

I started out today's card by first going through my designer
papers looking to see what gingham patterns I had available
and came across some beautiful papers in the Mintay by Karola
(www.mintaypapers.com) 'Springtime'.

The top panel is the reverse side of this gingham sheet that was cut
off the one end to fit my A6 size card base.  But instead of just
using the plain long cut strip, I decided to add some style
and texture by die cutting it using the Frantic Stamper 
 The leafy tree die on the left side comes from a Yvonne Creations

Yvonne Creations - Dies - Pretty Pierrot - Flower Swing

 

 My sentiment die is by Die'sire 'Wishing you a Happy Birthday' (DS-EDG-HAP)
and my festive balloon is from the Elizabeth Craft 'Balloons' die set (#726).
After die cutting the balloon from one of the small square decorative
panels in the same paper pad, I adhered it to a scrap of black card stock
and fussy cut around to create a mat.  Matching green Baker's Twine
was added for the balloon string.

REMEMBER:  We have a fun prize to give away to one lucky player,
which will be chosen by Random.org
ALL are welcome to enter ... we will ship internationally!

Today's prize offering is the beautiful Lawn Fawn 'Gingham' paper pad ...

 

So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D!
As always . . .


20 comments:

  1. Love the fresh green & all the dies you used.
    💝 from Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love the scallop border with the leaves and the balloon is just stunning against the gingham paper! The diecut sentiment is just perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello my lovie, great card, loving your gorgeous design with the gingham. The balloon with gingham is awesome.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gingham is lovely and something I don't think I have in my stash at all. I would have to spend days looking to see if I have any at all. Maybe somewhere in the back of a drawer there might be some ribbon that would fit the description. Hehehe..... Great card! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty use of the gingham and of course those 'Mintay" papers!! I love the flowered balloon, such a cute and creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how a card takes us on their journey lol Happens more times than not. This is gorgeous and oh so Springy! Perfect for today! Loving all of the leaves and vines and that pretty green gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love this paper! That must be one of the prettiest balloons ever and I love how you cut it from one of the little panels. The small, coordinating print makes it perfect! And, Darlene, it's hard to imagine a die you don't have. The flower swing set -- cute! The combination of all dies and paper here is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, loving the gingham, This is so pretty. Love it when the card dictates the outcome. Fabulous dies and composition.
    Hugs
    Berni
    chasingthedream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I LOVE all that greet. It's simply wonderful, especially when I look outside and all I can see is the Great White North!! Wonderful design and I really like the leafy panel attached to the gingham, and that sweet balloon. This card is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty spring card -- I love the combination of papers you used. That scalloped border across the top is so pretty --- and what a sweet balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous a design and I am loving all the gingham. That sure is a cool balloon done in gingham and the flower design. I like all those leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that paper you used on top for the scalloped border goes so well with your gingham, Love it, fun sentiment die and I love the paper you used for the balloon, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Dar. Wonderful papers and perfect for spring. The balloon coming up from the sentiment is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is a breath of Spring for all who see it. Love the special touch of the balloon for a special wish on a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely gingham card, Darlene! It truly reminds me of Spring time with the beautiful shades of green and leaf details. Love the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Darlene, great design. I love how you've also used the gingham for the balloon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in gingham heaven here Dar! What a sweet card! Love all the ways you added gingham to this joyful card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card Darlene, I love gingham and I will take it in any color. It just makes me smile from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love how the balloon is spotlighted with a tinier gingham print that makes it stand out beautifully! Love all the dies and design of this pretty card! I'm impressed with all your Easter treats and tissue box covers too! You've been quite busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card Darlene! The sweet little balloon and leaves are beautiful on your "springy" birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.