Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Sisterhood of Crafters - Celebrate Spring!

Hello dear friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over

 Our hostess today is Debbie and the theme she has chosen is:

Celebrate SPRING!

Here's what I have created with that theme in mind  ...
As a young girl growing up on a farm, spring was always filled with adventure.  I used to love to wonder off to the back acreage and lay in the high grasses to watch the clouds go by!  Those days you didn't have to worry about where your kids were every moment ... my sisters and I knew the rules and when it was time to be home for meals we were there but after our chores were done, we did what made us happy and it was ALWAYS something outside!!
It appears these youngin's are having fun discussing what these cloud forms look like!  Or maybe they are discussing what they have planned for their out of school summer vacations.  Ugh ... to be a kid again!  LOL
I've used a panel of turquoise blue card stock for my background and sponged it with white craft ink to soften the color for the sky.  The dies I have used on today's card are:
Frantic Stamper - Dies - Spring
Joy! Craft - Clouds
 Nellie's Choice 'Boy/Girl Silhouette'
A couple little Prima flowers with white Nuvo centers and my card is ready to bring a smile!

Challenges to share in:
Unicorn March Challenge - Spring
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - That Someone Special
Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #116 - Spring Fever
Daisy Chain Challenge - Spring is in the Air

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

13 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable and does make me think Spring! I love the green grass and the pop of pink in the flowers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and a great scene. All the elements pointing to Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, Darlene, about those days that we were growing up in... to be that carefree once again! Love the memories your card has evoked, sweet Sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card, Darlene! Love the sponged sky you made and those little cuties are certainly loving the moment. I don't want to be kid again but sure would love to go back to that time. Hope you have a week as relaxing as this card feels, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are just precious and boy you brought back great memories of my childhood too, I feel so bad that today's time you just can't trust your kids to just go out and let them explore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful and fun card you've made with those adorable silhouettes and the beautiful blue sky with billowy white clouds! Love those little pigtails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh, that is such a cute kid silhouette! I love it so much! Great idea for your spring card, Darlene! I have the same sort of memories growing up. We'd head off to the south 40 or down to the spring, no reason for the folks to worry about us. Those were the most idyllic days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the silhouettes. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge and hope to see your lovely work again.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely darling little springtime scene you've created. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card,love the silhouettes! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember those magic spring days when I was young also, Darlene. You're card evokes some sweet memories. Your darling silhouette children are adorable in this beautiful spring scene. Lovely card. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.